App Taken out of Playstore

Nii Darko Darkoh

Jan 31, 2023, 6:07:03 AM1/31/23
to DroidScript
Hi everyone.
I need help to get my app back on playstore.
I was just contacted this morning by a client that his app I made for him is no more on Playstore.

Has anyone had this problem before please?
Urgent help is highly needed. Thanks all.
Nii.

Steve Garman

Jan 31, 2023, 6:22:10 AM1/31/23
to DroidScript
Have you looked at your Google Play Console to see what it shows about the app?

Dave

Jan 31, 2023, 12:43:24 PM1/31/23
to DroidScript
Assuming Google has not taken your app down for a security reason or violation, then...

...if your app was built a while ago, then it could be because Google is now not showing old apps for new phones -

You will need to re-build your app with the lates version of DS (which targets API level 31)

Nii Darko Darkoh

Feb 3, 2023, 5:57:01 AM2/3/23
to DroidScript
You are right Steve. I had the following mail from them...
-----
Target API level policy changes affecting the availability of your app on Google Play from Nov 1, 2022
PRAYER LIBRARY
Oct 3, 2022 12:30
Starting Nov 1, 2022, apps that don't target an API level within 2 years of the latest Android release (API 29 and below) won't be available to new users with devices running Android versions newer than your app's target API level. This means that new users won't be able to discover or install your app on Google Play.
Actions:
We recommend you target Android API 31 or above so that your app continues to reach all Google Play users. For technical guidance, refer to this migration guide.
If you don't plan to migrate the app, you don't need to do anything. However, new users will not be able to discover or install your app.
-----
Does this mean I will have to download the latest version of droidscript and repackage my app?
-Nii.

Alan Hendry

Feb 5, 2023, 10:12:41 AM2/5/23
to DroidScript
HI,
If you want new users to be able to get your app then it looks like you'll have to upgrade DS and your Builder,
then rebuild your app and upload again.
Probably best to go to the latest stable release from Google Play Store (not beta)
Regards, ah

Nii Darko Darkoh

Feb 6, 2023, 2:04:08 PM2/6/23
to DroidScript