APK HAS A PRIVACY POLICY​ BUT IT IS NOT ADEQUATE

구본무

Sep 20, 2022, 10:24:50 PM9/20/22
to DroidScript

Hi,

We have a rejection from Playstore saying that
  • Privacy Policy in Play Console
    • Your app is uploading users' Files information without disclosing it in the privacy policy in Play Console.

We only upload a profile photo in our app, which is mentioned in our Privacy Policy.
Thus it is quite difficult for us what measures should be taken to fix the issue.
Is there anyone who ever come accross "Files Information" issue?
"users' Files information" seems to be too vague for me.

Thank you
Bon

Alan Hendry

Sep 21, 2022, 9:44:44 AM9/21/22
to DroidScript
HI,
The Play Store seems to use automated scanners as well as human checkers.
The automated scanners certainly look at the permissions for the app
(and I guess a person then reads your privacy policy).
DS builder scans your source code (not sure if it scans commented out code)
and generates a list of required permissions,
if there are permissions that you don't actually use you can use build.json to remove permissions
see https://droidscript.org/wiki/doku.php?id=plugins:building_an_apk
Probably worth checking your Policy (at the bottom of the LH menu) App  Content (specifically Data Safety)
Regards, ah

구본무

Sep 22, 2022, 3:50:37 AM9/22/22
to DroidScript
Thanks Alan,

Google also had  a reply which seems quite similar to your advice.
I think our policy and app might not match what we have chose in the App Content.

Hopefully this is fixed soon,
Thank you very much

2022년 9월 21일 수요일 오후 10시 44분 44초 UTC+9에 hendr...@gmail.com님이 작성: