Help with Firebase

MultiPaulo !

Jul 9, 2021, 3:03:03 PM7/9/21
to DroidScript

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use firebase analytics. Following the documentation, I deployed the SDKs as following (it was about 3 days ago), but I just can't see any data being captured on FireBase Console yet.

  //FIREBASE
    //<!-- The core Firebase JS SDK is always required and must be listed first-->
    app.LoadScript("https://www.gstatic.com/firebasejs/8.7.0/firebase-app.js");

      // TODO: Add SDKs for Firebase products that you want to use
      app.LoadScript("https://www.gstatic.com/firebasejs/8.7.0/firebase-analytics.js")

      var firebaseConfig = {
        apiKey: "[XXXXX]",
        authDomain: "[XXXXX]",
        projectId: "[XXXXX]",
        storageBucket: "[XXXXX]",
        messagingSenderId: "[XXXXX]",
        appId: "[XXXXX]",
        measurementId: "[XXXXX]"
      }

    function OnStart()
    {

      // Initialize Firebase
      firebase.initializeApp(firebaseConfig);
      firebase.analytics();

I'm sure that "firebase config object" parameters are correct.

Any idea about what I'm doing wrong or missing? I really thanks for any kind of tip.

Alan Hendry

Jul 11, 2021, 11:05:10 AM7/11/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
I know v. little abut Firebase (anbalytics).
There's a whole bunch of posts in this group and the premium group (if you're premium).
You could try running with debug  (click the insect icon at the bottom of the edit screen)
And/or write a small script with Firebase only, run it your self.
Have you tried as a native app and an Html app?
Not sure if you need  databaseURL:in your config string
There may be some delay " You can view analytics data in the Firebase console within hours"
Web Examples have
const analytics = firebase.analytics();
and
 firebase.logEvent(analytics, 'notification_received');
Regards, ah

MultiPaulo !

Jul 14, 2021, 10:33:03 PM7/14/21
to DroidScript
thank you man, you shared good tips! I'll try all of them.