Adaptive Icons

MyScripts

May 24, 2021, 12:16:53 PM5/24/21
to DroidScript
How can i use adaptive icons in DroidScript?

Alan Hendry

May 29, 2021, 10:14:05 AM5/29/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
As understand it, Adaptive Icons are used on the Desktop.
In DroidScript you can have one icon in each app/project (name same as app/project name)
and that will be used as the icon on the Desktop.
Not sure what would happen if you created your icon in something like Android Studio
and stuck it in your project.
Or if you want to do something like adaptive icons inside your app,
you could try to display your icon in an image then put a mask image over it
(and have different masks for circle, squircle, teardrop).
Regards, ah

MyScripts

Jul 14, 2021, 11:32:34 PM7/14/21
to DroidScript
So, is it possible in droidscript? can I set a background and a foreground or need something like a plugin?

Steve Garman

Jul 15, 2021, 3:14:27 AM7/15/21
to DroidScript
There is no specific support in DroidScript for adaptive icons.

One of the reasons for this is that DroidScript provides a greatly simplified (and therefore slightly inflexible) way of dealing with app icons compared with the way Android studio requires the developer to handle them

I can't think of any way that a plugin or anything similar could change that and I'm not aware of any plans to make changes to this in the near future