Droidscript crash in tablet lansdcape

Raphael Awoseyin

Apr 22, 2024, 5:22:26 AMApr 22
to DroidScript
I recently bought a Chinese "Alldocube" 8.4-inch tablet with a 1920x1200 resolution/ 8GB RAM running Android 13 to replace my Samsung Tab A7 Lite (8.7-inch). Strangely, Droidscript (DS) cannot run in the landscape mode of the new tab. When I launch DS in landcape mode, it tries to show but immediately shuts down. If I launch DS in portrait mode, it opens, but the moment I turn the device into landscape, it shuts down.

I did a search on this and found that some years ago, DS did have  a problem with Android screens larger than 6.6-inch. Obviously, that problem was solved then. So I don't understand why I am having this experience.

Any ideas?

Alan Hendry

Apr 27, 2024, 12:11:32 PMApr 27
to DroidScript
HI,
I presume you mean that DS shuts down (not the tablet)
I have the same problem, it also restarts any apps running under DS
Regards, ah
/*
os=Android 13 (Tiramisu)  API level 33
Apk Builder version 2.68
tablet=true
model=TB300FU
isChrome=false
isTV=false
DroidScript=2.68
Storage access=Scoped
screen width=800
screen height=1226
screen density=240
display width=800
display height=1190
internal folder=/sdcard
external folder=/storage/6131-3962
int free space=16.780598
ext free space=5.7305603
memory=3,063,443,456
premium=false
country code=GB
country=United Kingdom
language code=en
language=English
wifi=192.168.1.246
userAgent='Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 13; TB300FU Build/TP1A.220624.014; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/123.0.6312.118 Mobile Safari/537.36'
*/

Dave

May 3, 2024, 6:40:50 AMMay 3
to DroidScript
That's a bit strange....

Is DS being shut down cleanly by the tablet or is it showing any errors?

An ADB log would be very useful, if you know how to get one.

Note: I've often come across weird behaviour on cheap Chinese tablets... generally I would recommend going with the more affordable Samsung tablets if possible.
Message has been deleted

Alan Hendry

May 4, 2024, 3:15:08 PMMay 4
to DroidScript
HI,
Mine's a Lenovo (details above).
Don't see any messages.
Don't know how to ADB.
If device is in landscape then invoke DS
it starts to show DS home sideways
seems to blink DS to the right way up
blink to DS sideways,
then quit.