Exit DS and SPK

Alan Hendry

Dec 1, 2021, 12:26:25 PM12/1/21
to DroidScript
HI,
When I exit from DS it prompts "Exit DroidScipt"
if I choose Yes then it goes back to the Android desktop,
but if I request a list of running apps (middle icon at bottom of Android screen)
then DS is still running. (If I touch the preview screen then it takes me back to DS home)
Also when I app.Exit my app is still there (SPK)
Android 11, DS 2.09
Regards, ah

Steve Garman

Dec 1, 2021, 1:47:41 PM12/1/21
to DroidScript
That's not a list of running apps, it's a list of recent apps which may be running or not

If the app is completed and use choose it, Android assumes you want to run it again

Steve Garman

Dec 1, 2021, 1:54:54 PM12/1/21
to DroidScript

Alan Hendry

Dec 3, 2021, 4:38:59 PM12/3/21
to DroidScript
HI,
Most apps use Back (the left hand icon on the bottom of the Android screen)
as "go back to previous screen", and usually when you get back to the first screen then Back goes to Android desktop.
And when you touch the middle icon (home) it goes to Android Desktop.
So "recently used" has apps that are running and apps that are closed (and it shows no difference).
Is there any way to exit my app and remove from recent?
(I've also read that if Android is running out of storage it may close apps "that haven't been used").
Regards, ah

Alan Hendry

Dec 8, 2021, 3:46:58 PM12/8/21
to DroidScript
HI,
Some apps (notably DA Fit that connects to my watch)
seem to have an icon in the top Android status bar after I go Back
even after I remove them from Recently Used. And DA Fit keeps a Notification of my current step count.
I guess that means they are continuing in the background.
Is there any way to check what's running in background, and/or to stop them.
In Settings>Apps many apps have a button Force Stop, even if I haven't used them since reboot.
Does that mean they have auto-booted?
Regards, ah

Steve Garman

Dec 8, 2021, 6:33:59 PM12/8/21
to DroidScript
It doesn't mean they are running in the background, it means they have created a notification that can send an intent to open the app
I do that with several apps I want to be able to open easily

Alan Hendry

Dec 9, 2021, 11:01:59 AM12/9/21
to DroidScript
Thanks,
Now it makes sense (the icons on the top left are for notifications).
Touching the notification opens the app.
Swiping the notification doesn't get rid of it,
but it does give me a setting icon which gives me a toggle for "general message",
so I guess it can stop it from notifying.
Regards, ah

Steve Garman

Dec 9, 2021, 1:16:16 PM12/9/21
to DroidScript
If you go to your app faicons2 and uncomment the line
  //app.SaveBoolean( "notify",true );
you should find that it does something very similar