Can DS make an AAB, it's listed but doesn't work?

davefinney

Jul 28, 2022, 3:11:40 PM7/28/22
to DroidScript
Google now needs new apps to be AAB files.

DS lists "Build AAB" but then says it needs the "ApkBuilder" ..

The ApkBuilder is installed but it still says it needs the "ApkBuilder".

Thanks Dave.

davefinney

Jul 28, 2022, 3:12:27 PM7/28/22
to DroidScript
ps, I have DS v2.5

Alan Hendry

Jul 28, 2022, 4:00:42 PM7/28/22
to DroidScript
HI,
Sometimes I have to touch the icon with three vertical dots, then Plugins
before starting the builder.
Regards, ah

davefinney

Aug 1, 2022, 4:07:16 PM8/1/22
to DroidScript
DS v2.5 has the option to "Build AAB", but it doesn't work.

Is DS not able to make AAB files yet, or have I got a local issue?

Alan Hendry

Aug 1, 2022, 4:35:15 PM8/1/22
to DroidScript
HI,
I have DS 2.5, I sometimes get message
The 'APKBuilder' plugin is required for building APKs.
You can download this plugin form the 'Plugins' menu.
If I touch the three-vertical-dots icon then Plugins, then Android back, it works.
In the past you could buy just the builder (instead of Premium for a month or life)
and that doesn't seem to let you build AABs.
Regards, ah

Right2TheV0id

Aug 2, 2022, 5:59:14 AM8/2/22
to DroidScript
I have DS 2.5 and APK Builder 2.50 (bought separatly years ago) and can confirm that "Build AAB" yields "APK Builder plugin is required (...)".
"Build APK" works fine however.

Alan Hendry

Aug 2, 2022, 7:03:57 AM8/2/22
to DroidScript
HI,
If you don't get a fix here, you could try the Premium Support Group
https://groups.google.com/g/droidscriptpremium
Regards, ah

Dave

Aug 2, 2022, 2:46:39 PM8/2/22
to DroidScript
If you have bought the APK builder previously, but are not premium you will not be able to install the latest APKBuilder from the plugins menu as premium plugins are only visible to premium users.

However you can manually install the latest APKBuilder from here : https://androidscript.org/apk/DroidScript_250/ApkBuilder_250.ppk

Just download that file to your device and open it with DroidScript.

davefinney

Aug 2, 2022, 5:35:00 PM8/2/22
to DroidScript
I tried selecting:
1: three-vertical-dots
2: Plugins
3: Android back
4: Build AAB

This doesn't work.

There will need to be a fix for this because if DS cannot make AAB files, then DS cannot make any apps for Google play.

ps, I've got DS v2.5 and bought the APK builder as a plugin.

davefinney

Aug 2, 2022, 5:40:54 PM8/2/22
to DroidScript
Hi Dave,
   Thanks, I'll try reinstalling  APKBuilder 250 from your link.

   Should that be able to make AAB files?

Right2TheV0id

Aug 2, 2022, 6:20:33 PM8/2/22
to DroidScript
That's the version I was using, but I reinstalled it just to be sure.
I tried both "Open with DroidScript" and putting it in the Plugins folder.
APK Plugin installs (popup saying so, and inviting me to look at the plugin doc) but the problem persists (still no AAB for me).

davefinney

Aug 4, 2022, 11:36:22 AM8/4/22
to DroidScript
Hi Dave,
Tried the builder from your link.
It makes APK, but not AAB.

So do DS users now have to pay for premium in order to make AAB files?

Dave

Aug 4, 2022, 2:40:38 PM8/4/22
to DroidScript
DS certainly can build AABs, however I guess it must be a Premium only feature if it does not work for you.  A quick look at the code does suggest that you need to be premium actually.

You can always try Premium out for 1 month, which would not be very expensive (you can easily cancel in the Google Play app).... or opt for a $99 lifetime Premium key if you don't like subscriptions.

Regards
David