Text Size in DS edit

Alan Hendry

Apr 22, 2021, 9:12:54 AM4/22/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
Could we have a setting to control the text size in the source code editor?
(so we could see more of our js code)
Regards, ah

Steve Garman

Apr 22, 2021, 11:09:29 AM4/22/21
to DroidScript
If you mean the phone editor, you know you can change the general size using the font-size spinner
in the DroidScript settings do you?

I'm fairly sure I've tested that since the CodeEdit was introduced

Alan Hendry

Apr 22, 2021, 11:50:10 AM4/22/21
to DroidScript
Hi,
I presume you mean in Settings > Display > Advanced > Font size.
I just thought it would be nice to have an icon that opens a drop-down to swap the font-size
for easier readability or to get an overview of the code.
Switching the Android font size kicks me out of DS edit back to DS Home.
In the same vein (seeing as much as possible) I reckon the top icons (docs, WiFi, etc) padding and margins could be shrunk
(see the bottom icons) which would also allow for a wider box for the name of the file currently being edited.
Similarly a little could be squeezed out of the vertical spacing of the search/replace bar, and it's popup.
Regards, ah

Steve Garman

Apr 22, 2021, 12:54:06 PM4/22/21
to DroidScript
Not really what I meant
The attached pics are my own stock ones and the arrows are for things that didn't self-label

I'm not drawing your attention to anything except the "Settings" menu entry font-size spinner

As.for the other requests, if they are important to you, I would recommend putting them in the TUWYW(Premium) thread of the Premium group

Pro-tip. If you are going to request less crowding an an extra spinner in the same Window you might like to make the requests in separate posts :-;

Settings.jpg
PhoneMenu.jpg

Steve Garman

Apr 22, 2021, 1:11:18 PM4/22/21
to DroidScript
Just to be clear, I have now tested it.
You can change the size with the editor open and it changes in real time

Alan Hendry

Apr 26, 2021, 9:22:08 AM4/26/21
to DroidScript
Sorry,
I must have used the 3-vertical-dots icon in the app hundreds of times
(mainly New and About) bu I never even  noticed the Settings option.
Why do they put erasers on the end of pencils?
Regards, ah