We are proud to announce the world's first HTML5 RDP client (Spark View)

Walter

May 4, 2011, 5:59:40 PM5/4/11
to AndroidRemote
You can try it here:

http://www.remotespark.com/view/rdp.html

or go to Chrome Webstore, search "Spark View".

It's only HTML and JavaScript, no Java, no flash, no ActiveX and other
kind of plugins, and It's amazingly fast and far more better than I
was expected. It's also streamlined for iPad and touch interface.

The free version of Spark Gateway only allow two concurrent
connections. There will be more RDP features and VNC support coming
into next version.

Thanks,

Walter Yongtao Wang

Felix Lee

May 15, 2011, 9:02:20 PM5/15/11
to AndroidRemote
Hi,
Spark View is pretty nice. I can run it on Chromium OS.
However, it would be better if it saves settings so I don't have to
enter the ip address all the time.
thanks
Felix

Walter Wang

May 15, 2011, 9:10:59 PM5/15/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com
We'll allow you save servers and settings on Spark Gateway, so every
user can pull and use it right away.

Walter

> --

RDP/VNC Clients for Google Android
http://www.toremote.com
http://groups.google.com/group/androidremote

This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or
entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above
or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to
the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use,
distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the
information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have
email and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to
us by mail if requested by us.

Jeff Earls

May 16, 2011, 9:44:28 PM5/16/11
to AndroidRemote
Felix,

You can download (save as) the HTML file at http://www.remotespark.com/view/rdp.html
and edit it to your hearts content... You will need a web server (I
use WAMP [Apache]) to host and serve the HTML file.

For example, I downloaded it and edited the HTML 'hardcoding' all of
the RDP server details so I basically load the HTML page and it has a
single connect button that I can click to load the desktop. You could
make an separate HTML connection file for each computer on your
network, or get even fancier and make a dropdown that contained all of
your RDP computers...

http://www.ur-server.com/computer-a.html
http://www.ur-server.com/computer-b.html
http://www.ur-server.com/computer-c.html
etc

Granted, that's what the Spark Gateway is basically going to do...
But this is slightly ahead of the curve while we wait. :)

This implementation is pure genius, and I recognize and salute Walter
as having the first, most robust HTML5 RDP client in existence.

Support Remote

May 17, 2011, 11:58:20 PM5/17/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jeff, that's really a good explanation. You can also directly open the saved html file from your local disk, that works too.

Walter

compy

May 23, 2011, 10:10:50 AM5/23/11
to AndroidRemote
Does this mean you're no longer supporting the application version?

Support Remote

May 23, 2011, 3:12:29 PM5/23/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Actually, the Java version is always the first one to be finished (easy to debug and test), then we add the new feature to Android and HTML5 version. HTML5 is still evolving and some features can not be implemented right now, but HTML5 standard is evolving fast and you'll see more features soon.

Regards,

Walter

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:10 AM, compy <comp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does this mean you're no longer supporting the application version?

stei...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2012, 7:27:18 PM11/17/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but all vnc servers I know can only be accessed through vpn or ssh tunnels. I do not understand how your app could possibly provide this?

sup...@toremote.com

Nov 17, 2012, 8:09:01 PM11/17/12
to androi...@googlegroups.com, stei...@gmail.com
Spark View doesn't support VNC for now, because you can use xrdp on Linux, the only reason to support VNC is for Mac Remote Access, but we don't see much more requirements for this (Spark View is mostly for enterprise users).

Walter

Bobby

Mar 9, 2013, 5:22:45 AM3/9/13
to androi...@googlegroups.com
And how much will you be charging for this service?

Walter Wang

Mar 9, 2013, 9:51:53 AM3/9/13
to androi...@googlegroups.com
The license fee for Spark View is $24 per concurrent rdp session per year or $4800 per concurrent gateway instance per year (Unlimited users). Price includes free support and updates.

Walter

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Bobby <saa...@gmail.com> wrote:
And how much will you be charging for this service?

pbjsun...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2014, 4:21:29 PM2/12/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com, sup...@toremote.com
Hello Walter,

My name is Johan Sundström and I'm VP Business Development for the Swedish security company MobilityGuard. I have tried to get in contact with you through the email adresses on the Remote Spark webpage but you haven't answered my mail. I also tried to contact you by phone but no phone number is accessible on your web page. So, is the Remote Spark company existing? If yes, could you kindly send me an answer regarding my questions and please give me a phone number I can contact you through.

Regards,
Johan Sundström

Walter Wang

Feb 13, 2014, 4:00:12 AM2/13/14
to pbjsun...@gmail.com, androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,

Sorry for the late response. I'm in a business trip (Bejing, Chine) and may not reply immediately because the time zone difference.

You can reach me at this temporary phone number: +86 10 89752126 until 8PM for today (right now it's 5PM here).

I'll be back to Calgary on next Tuesday. You can reach me reach me at +1 403 208 5998 since next Tuesday.

You can also let me know what we can do for you via email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Walter

mar...@pettersen.com.ar

Feb 24, 2014, 8:52:48 AM2/24/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Walter,
Searching "Spark View" in the chrome webstore, cannot fint the app... help me, please.

Walter Wang

Feb 24, 2014, 10:53:46 AM2/24/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com
It's still there:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/spark-view-faster-than-an/ddnnpdbioplhcagobicknkjkbhdefjkg?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

It's better to install the gateway in your network, so you can get the real preformace and access your internal network.

Regards,

Walter

bill.t...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2014, 8:41:55 PM6/19/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com
This method looks ideal and will get around my problems of client side being inside a company LAN that blocks normal RDP.  Is there a set up guide anywhere ?  If I click on the link in the post
The page comes up but I get an error "failed to connect to gateway for synchronisation" I'm guessing this is a gateway I should have installed on the host side ?? Any pointers ??
Thanks ....

Walter Wang

Jun 19, 2014, 8:53:28 PM6/19/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

http://www.remotespark.com/view/rdp.html is our demo gateway. You firewall probably blocked 8080 if you get "Failed to connect to gateway for synchronization". You can try install the gateway in your network and let it listen on 80 or 443. These two ports are usually open on all firewalls.

Please check the manual for more information:

Regards,

Walter

bonnie....@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2015, 4:29:21 PM11/8/15
to AndroidRemote
Walter: remote wave worked perfectly on my note 3. I upgraded to note 5 and I cannot play voice mails on it. I am not very technical so if your answer is buried in all the threads,I do not understand. Can I play my voicemails on remote wave free on my note 5? Please advise how .thank you. bonnie....@gmail.com

na...@mobilenerd.net

Jul 9, 2017, 2:04:58 AM7/9/17
to AndroidRemote
Hi,

We are have downloaded the evaluation version trying to check the capabilities of Spark View on our requirement of accessing Desktop over the browser. We have done the configuration and able to get the webpage on our gateway but when we enter details and click connect we get a black screen with a small notification at left bottom " You must login first. can someone tell us where we would have gone wrong on configuration and how we can solve it. It would be great if we can get a quick reply as its urgent and we wanna buy licenses once we are able to successfully evaluate the features.