Senior Android Developer wanted for Minneapolis location

Michael Leitschuh

Oct 4, 2013, 4:47:20 PM10/4/13
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Senior Android Developer
To apply, please send resumes to: mleit...@analysts.com and mention this Google group in your reply.

Job Description

Analysts International Corporation, an IT services company, is seeking a Senior Android Developer for a long term contract opportunity.  We are offering up to $75/hr. depending on your skills and experience. We have 40 years of experience in the IT staffing industry and provide our clients with the highest quality custom staffing solutions.

Job Responsibilities

Senior Android Developer who will create eReading Apps for mobile devices on the Cloud Library platform.

• Create software development plans, architecture, and specifications.

• Lead application development, participate in the coding process, and drive the quality of the application.

• Communicate with project managers to coordinate the successful deployment and delivery of the system.

Basic Required Qualifications:

  • A minimum of five years (three years on Android) of mobile software development experience
  • 5 years of Java development experience
  • Expert understanding and experience with web services and JSON
  • Successful track record of developing Android apps from start to finish and delivering to the market
  • Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team

Preferred Qualifications:

  • Bachelors or masters in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related field
  • 3-8 years experience developing commercial software applications
  • iOS and Windows 8 mobile experience a plus
  • Skilled in object-oriented design and development technologies
  • Knowledge or skills in software engineering methodology including documentation, configuration management, verification and validation, and commercialization
  • Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, systems thinker, results driven, self-motivated, team skills

Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position and provides best practicing sharing within work group.

Three must haves are:

  • Mobile software development experience - 5 years (Android is 3 years)
  • Java development experience - 5 years
  • Web services and JSON - must have expert level understanding and experience.

Benefits

We value our employees’ hard work and dedication to quality. In addition to a positive environment with opportunities for growth and advancement we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.

  • Medical, dental, vision
  • 401(k)
  • Long / short term disability
  • Stock purchase plan