How to recover the data usage limit set by user on Android OS configuration?

Marcelo Filho

Jun 23, 2014, 8:42:06 AM6/23/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

User can define at Data Usage screen a limite and/or a warning limit for mobile data usage. So how can I get this information by code?

Screen of Data Usage configuration of native OS.

Data usage OS system configuration screen

I wanna the limit value and warning value.

I've already tried this but not work and always return NULL to both:

final Long recommendedBytes = DownloadManager.getRecommendedMaxBytesOverMobile( this.context );
final Long maximumBytes = DownloadManager.getMaxBytesOverMobile( this.context );

// recommendedBytes and maximumBytes are NULL

And TrafficStats class just have a data transferred not the limits.

My original post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24366016/how-to-recover-the-data-usage-limit-set-by-user-on-android-os-configuration