EventAggregator sunsubcribe and weak-references?

Csaba Troják

Jul 22, 2013, 5:39:23 PM7/22/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
Dear Andy,

I'm thinking about the communication between my VMs, and I've found your EventAggregator.

1. Does it support unsubscribe, if not, when do you plan its introduction?
2. Does it really need unsubscribe? Does it hold strong references? If it holds strong-references and ubsubscribe is introduced/available then what is the advised pattern to unsubcribe from the EventAggregator? Check whether the VM is not needed anymore (eg. the activity which it's bound to closes, etc) and then explicitly unsubscribe?

Does Java support C#-like weak-references?

Thanks,

Bye,
Csabi

Andy Tsui

Jul 25, 2013, 10:26:28 PM7/25/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
1. Well, there's no unscubscribe, but I think I should include it
2. It is holding weak references.