How to get the .jar?

Csaba Troják

Jul 13, 2013, 7:00:18 PM7/13/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I'm a completely newbie to git, I'd like to get jar file for my android project.

1. How can I get the jar from git? Is it the one under "AndroidBinding / Core / AndroidBinding / bin " ? Or I have to compile it? I'm using Android Studio, quite new to it (I'm coming from Visual Studio), no idea really what to do :)
2. Which version/branch do you recommend to use? Master or "develop"? You were referring in your previous replies that you are in the 'develop' branch at this moment.

Thanks in advance for these noob questions!

Andy Tsui

Jul 13, 2013, 10:09:46 PM7/13/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
Use master.

You need to build it, I haven't release pre-build jar in github yet
(well, the original google code does). To build, you need to include
all the projects under "Core".

Andy

Csaba Troják

Jul 14, 2013, 6:35:26 AM7/14/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
Dear Andy,

I saw that 2 hours ago you committed 'android-binding-v0.6-build714.jar'.

Can I use this for my project instead of compiling the git-source (I can't really do that :/ )?

If, yes, then I have another problem:

1. I use Android Studio, which does not create an application class by default, so I did that, it's source is the following:

public class JsonTestApplication extends Application {

@Override
public void onCreate() {
super.onCreate();
Binder.init(this, new DefaultKernelV30());
}
}

2. I also modify my AndroidManifest, so this app-class is used at startup.
3. I subclass my one and only Activity from 'BindingActivityV30', and my 'onCreate' is the following:

@Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {

        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        try
        {
            this.inflateAndBind(R.layout.activity_main, new TestVM());
        }
        catch(Exception ex)
        {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
}

I do nothing in the layout.xml, don't use any binding.

4. When I run my app, the breakpoint hits in the App.OnCreate (OK!), hits my Activity's onCreate (OK!), my code rans without exception (OK!), but when onCreate finishes the emulator shows that the app is crashed/got to be closed.

Would you help me, please?

I tried to check your ICS demo-source, but it subclasses from a different activity (BindingABSActivity), which requires a plugin addition, and the plugin addition requires some externel references (com.actionbarsherlock) which I could not solve.

Thanks,
Bye,
Csabi

Csaba Troják

Jul 14, 2013, 6:47:14 AM7/14/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
One more thing I'd like to add, if I call

setAndBindRootView(R.layout.activity_main, new TestVM());

instead of inflateAndBind(...), then it doesn't crash.

Andy Tsui

Jul 14, 2013, 10:00:45 AM7/14/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I just added the precompile this afternoon.

I have a tool to add those template (activity/application) files, but
I haven't migrate this to Github. For the best usage practice, please
refer to MarkupDemoICS (which is under demo directory). It also
showcased almost all features, attributes A-B Support.

Hope this would help

Andy

Csaba Troják

Jul 16, 2013, 7:56:31 PM7/16/13
to android...@googlegroups.com
Dear Andy,

You demo project can't be compiled. It referns to the plugin.ABS project. Which also references to 'android.library.reference.2=..\\..\\..\\ActionBarSherlock\\library'

Can you provide a source which can be compiled?

Without that it's quite hard to find out the features of this framework :/

Thanks,

Bye,
Csabi

Andy Tsui