Player only showing video off screen.

Ming Zhu

Oct 11, 2013, 10:09:24 PM10/11/13
to android-you...@googlegroups.com
Hi I am developing a android app with embedded youtube player, it is working fine on most of the device except on my android tv box. The box is with android 4.0, and the tv hooked to it is 1080P but the box only support 720P. So when I play video the actual video is only show it's top left corner in the player window. This must have something to do with the android youtube api that pass the wrong resolution to player window. Same thing happens to the android youtube demo. The Youtube App is working fine however, anybody know how to over come this situatino?

Timothy Graupmann

Oct 11, 2013, 10:53:30 PM10/11/13
to android-you...@googlegroups.com
You could try and force the view to 720p?

                                        LayoutParams params = youtubeView.getLayoutParams();
                                        params.width = 1280;
                                        params.height = 720;
                                        youtubeView.setLayoutParams(params);