Forced to use VESA with Intel 965 graphics chip?

Caleb Howland

Mar 17, 2014, 10:19:02 AM3/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm using a Fujitsu Lifebook T4220 with Android x86, which has a Mobile Intel 965 graphics chipset. Until now, I've had no problems with graphics. With the 4.4 RC1, it will only run in VESA graphics mode. (I watched it in debug mode and the driver [iwl4965] was loaded correctly.) Is this chipset no longer supported for regular graphics by Android x86?

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 19, 2014, 10:59:50 PM3/19/14
to Android-x86
> I'm using a Fujitsu Lifebook T4220 with Android x86, which has a Mobile
> Intel 965 graphics chipset. Until now, I've had no problems with graphics.
> With the 4.4 RC1, it will only run in VESA graphics mode. (I watched it in
> debug mode and the driver [iwl4965] was loaded correctly.) Is this chipset

That's the wifi driver.
You should check if you have the i915 module loaded.

> no longer supported for regular graphics by Android x86?

Did you mean the graphic (non-VESA) work before? Which version?
That's weird.
Please check the difference of lsmod, cat /proc/fb, logcat ...

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project