4.0 ICS.on Tegav2

Daniel Lodge

Dec 29, 2011, 3:57:37 PM12/29/11
to Android-x86
Hi guys, fantastic work on the 4.0 ICS build!

I have installed it on my Tegav2, and it works and runs great.
Only a few issues I have found.....

1. The app switcher button doesnt work at all. (it did work in the
3.2 version)
2. Camera doesnt work.
3. After running for a random period of time (up to 30mins constant
use sometimes), the screen will all of a sudden just go blank.....then
if you click a key, it will show you the terminal (as if you'd pressed
Alt-F1). Then you cant get back into Android?

Daniel Lodge

Dec 30, 2011, 5:00:02 PM12/30/11
to Android-x86
also just found out that auido doesnt work

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 30, 2011, 10:50:13 PM12/30/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

You are using an deprecated version.

2011-12-31 上午7:08 於 "Daniel Lodge" <nzda...@gmail.com> 寫道:
also just found out that auido doesnt work

Alvin Ong

Dec 30, 2011, 11:30:15 PM12/30/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Audio doesnt work, only works when docked for the dell inspiron duo

Daniel Lodge

Dec 31, 2011, 2:02:40 AM12/31/11
to Android-x86
I am using the 20111209 version of tegav2 which is the latest version
available on the downloads page

On Dec 31, 5:30 pm, Alvin Ong <al...@alvinandcheri.com> wrote:
> Audio doesnt work, only works when docked for the dell inspiron duo
>
> On Dec 30, 2011, at 7:50 PM, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
>
> You are using an deprecated version.

WizardTom

Dec 31, 2011, 2:40:42 AM12/31/11
to Android-x86
https://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/list Has the updated
version, not on Android-X86 website though. You'll get your sound,
way smoother scroll and graphics, and a brick... that is No Browser
Function! It's a one line fix that was discovered but I am just
waiting for a patch or rebuild.

Avery Lewis

Dec 31, 2011, 10:28:37 AM12/31/11
to Android-x86
So is the sound now working on the Tegra version that was put out 5
days ago? And what about the Camera and has anyone managed to get
Angry Birds to run on their tablet and if so a link to the app?

Al Sutton

Jan 1, 2012, 6:45:53 AM1/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I've put a browser-fixed build up at http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/detail?name=android-x86-4.0-tegav2-20111231.iso.zip

It has an issue with screen time-outs, so you should maximise it's time out period, but apart from that issue I've been able to fire it up, connect to my WiFi network and browse the web :).

Happy new year :).

Al.
--
T: @alsutton W: www.funkyandroid.com

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

bnavigator

Jan 1, 2012, 7:09:18 AM1/1/12
to Android-x86
Excellent!

Thanks for the new build. Browser is working now. Any chance to have a
build witth GApps and Market included?

Ben

Al Sutton

Jan 1, 2012, 7:16:21 AM1/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Inclusion of the GApps or Market would breach Googles copyright.

--
T: @alsutton W: www.funkyandroid.com

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

bnavigator

Jan 1, 2012, 7:34:54 AM1/1/12
to Android-x86
So how come it is in the 20111225 build? How do I merge those images
to get the benefits from both of them?

Joshua Akonom

Jan 1, 2012, 7:52:47 AM1/1/12
to Android-x86
here is the link to all the gapps minus the market. There are ways to
get it but I am not going to violate the policies that google sets
forth. These apps however are fully available free from Google:

http://www.google.com/mobile/android/
Message has been deleted

Alvin Ong

Jan 1, 2012, 11:57:04 AM1/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Does the sound work on this build?

On Jan 1, 2012, at 5:25 AM, tabletsx86 <rbg.tab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Google Apps contain the proprietary Google applications that come pre-
> installed with most android devices.
> Due to licensing restrictions, these apps cannot come pre-installed
> and must be installed separately.
>
> Available from Cyanogenmod:
>
> http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Main_Page
>

> HERE:
>
> http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Daniel Lodge

Jan 1, 2012, 4:28:23 PM1/1/12
to Android-x86
Agreed...how come market was included in the last build?

bnavigator

Jan 1, 2012, 4:56:11 PM1/1/12
to Android-x86
It's also included in the brand new build by cwh.
Message has been deleted

Daniel Lodge

Jan 1, 2012, 10:30:03 PM1/1/12
to Android-x86
haha settle down there buddy.
We are grateful for any fixes that anyone does.

On Jan 2, 4:27 pm, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> pay attention....
>
> 12-25 build was by CHW and had the market/gapps
> so he obviously works for a company the doesn't have the
> licensing restrictions and/or he has them himself...
>
> 1-1 released by Al Sutton was evidently as a favor to the group
> to correct some issues and he doesn't have the rights to include the
> gapps...
>
> then later on 1-1 CHW released an updated version, with gapps and
> fixes....
>
> it's really not difficult if you read...instead of saying "how come
> the others
> had them and this one doesn't"...just be thankful your getting fixes
> as
> some have been waithing a while just to get the browser fixes in
> tegav2 so
> it was useful...want market...get it on your own...install it and be
> good to go...
>
> google is your friend...and someone, somewhere has usually already
> solved your issue...!!!
Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 1, 2012, 11:21:10 PM1/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Guys,
Stop talking about that issue.
If Google complains, I must remove them totally,
or even stop this project completely.
Unless that's what you want...

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 2, 2012, 10:35:31 AM1/2/12
to Android-x86
2012/1/1 Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org>:
> BTW, I'm still curios what the root cause of the browser issue is.
> I've tested the 4.0.3 emulator and some arm phones
> without this fix. The browser works fine.
> So it seems to be an android-x86 specified issue?
> I stuck...

OK, I think I found the fundamental reason.
The http_stack used by android-x86 is 'android',
while armv7a uses 'chrome'.
(see frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/Android.mk
about line 100-120)

However, we are unable to enable chrome stack,
since it requres v8 engine, which is arm only now.
shxt!!

This is also the root cause of Youtube crashing --
the stagefright http streaming requires chrome stack.
(see frameworks/base/media/libstagefright/HTTPBase.cpp,
line 52)

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Dave Hunt

Jan 2, 2012, 5:13:06 PM1/2/12
to Android-x86
Is there an easy fix or is this a serious show stopper for streaming.
This also blows my mind as this implies that Google has locked into
the arm architecture. I seriously think they are missing a golden
opportunity to snag the portable pc market. Unless they are still
banking on ChromeOS.