Native Bridge in Oreo

Tomasz Witke

Nov 30, 2017, 8:03:26 AM11/30/17
to Android-x86
It's me again.

Is houdini images for Oreo does not exist yet, or it's just a problem with downloading them? Going to http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini.php?v=8_y shows error "Error: File 8_y not found.".

You probably know that, but just in case - houdini binaries for oreo can be downloaded straight form google: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/intel-fugu-opr2.170623.027-82108990.tgz (from fugu)

Thanks.

fguy

Nov 30, 2017, 8:46:58 AM11/30/17
to Android-x86

четверг, 30 ноября 2017 г., 16:03:26 UTC+3 пользователь Tomasz Witke написал:
Is houdini images for Oreo does not exist yet, or it's just a problem with downloading them? Going to http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini.php?v=8_y shows error "Error: File 8_y not found.".
You probably know that, but just in case - houdini binaries for oreo can be downloaded straight form google: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/intel-fugu-opr2.170623.027-82108990.tgz (from fugu)

Files from the Nexus-Binari archive are not enough for the Houdini to work on android 8.0. I took the files from the full firmware for fugu, but there is only for arm32. I managed to launch on the oreo several games containing native libraries only for arm.

Povilas Staniulis

Nov 30, 2017, 10:17:25 AM11/30/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Would be nice if you uploaded those Houdini files somewhere.
One of the my main reasons for not making Oreo builds is the lack of
Houdini support. Too many popular Android apps include only ARM natives
(Candy Crush Saga is a good example).

BTW if you need to check what kind of binaries Android app has, open the
APK file with some ZIP program (e.g. Root Explorer)  and check the "lib"
directory.

fguy

Nov 30, 2017, 10:28:22 AM11/30/17
to Android-x86
четверг, 30 ноября 2017 г., 18:17:25 UTC+3 пользователь Povilas Staniulis написал:
Would be nice if you uploaded those Houdini files somewhere.
One of the my main reasons for not making Oreo builds is the lack of
Houdini support. Too many popular Android apps include only ARM natives
(Candy Crush Saga is a good example).

There is another big problem in android 8.0 - this is not the compatibility of many older programs with the new version of the android.
You can get these files from their nexus player firmware yourself. You will need the following files:
system\bin\houdini
system\lib\arm\*.*
system\lib\libhoudini.so
PRODUCT_DEFAULT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES := ro.dalvik.vm.native.bridge=libhoudini.so

Tomasz Witke

Nov 30, 2017, 1:32:03 PM11/30/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I did it dirty way, as fguy described. It works. Mr. Chih-Wei Huang, maybe You could make and upload NB image for x86, while we will try to obtain binaries for x86_64 platform to implement in future? My project only work with x86 userspace (with x86_64 kernel), and I'm willing to publish it soon with at least as possible hack-way implementations.

Pozdrawiam
Tomasz Witke

Tomasz Witke

Nov 30, 2017, 1:49:34 PM11/30/17
to Android-x86
There is another big problem in android 8.0 - this is not the compatibility of many older programs with the new version of the android.

This is probably not our concern. As I understand this is by design (=blame Google).

youling 257

Nov 30, 2017, 9:46:45 PM11/30/17
to Android-x86
how do you get the link ? wha is it extract-intel-fugu.sh ? 57MB

在 2017年11月30日星期四 UTC+8下午9:46:58,fguy写道:

Tomasz Witke

Dec 1, 2017, 1:47:22 AM12/1/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com