Kitkat 4.4 RC2 on Hyper-V not recognize the HD.

Tal

Jun 17, 2014, 9:53:16 AM6/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Kitkat 4.4 RC2 on Hyper-V not recognize the HD.
Kitkat 4.4 RC1 on Hyper-V dose recognize the HD.
can you fix it?

Tal.

Tal

Jun 21, 2014, 4:14:26 PM6/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Some one has the same issue?
Or some one succeeded to install  Kitkat 4.4 RC2 on Hyper-V?

Thanks for your Help,
Tal.

Webster Molaudi

Jun 23, 2014, 3:36:55 AM6/23/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Well i have an LG NX110 Netbook the Kitkat give me the same issue but the RC 1 works not the RC2 :(

Rafael Carballo

Jul 5, 2014, 11:17:39 AM7/5/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Create a Linux partition and format ext3

Chris Catlett

Jul 8, 2014, 3:21:54 PM7/8/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I can repeat the issue.

RC1 the hard disk is successfully seen.

RC2 Setup can not find the disk, and fails.

Running Windows 8.1 hyper-v (Same as Server 2012r2 hyper-v)

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 9, 2014, 5:58:01 AM7/9/14
to Android-x86
I don't know what the problem is and
I'm not interesting in testing it.
There are some discussions before that you can read

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/slzfKJ9Nfdo/1uDnJjyRBJAJ

Find a solution and send patches to me.
Thanks.
> --

Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

Chris Catlett

Jul 9, 2014, 11:19:36 PM7/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
After reading that and another few threads. I can verify that if I manually load the hv_ modules, I can get the disk to be detected via setup.
I am not a Linux person, and have no clue what the best way of ensuring they are loaded if needed is.

Once the install is complete, the same issue exists, the modules are not loaded, so the disk is not bootable.(or even seen)
I am not a Linux person, and have no clue what the best way of ensuring they are loaded if needed is.

I'm more than happy to test, but I know just enough Linux to be dangerous.