Miracast on development roadmap?

BrokenE39

May 23, 2020, 12:50:12 AM5/23/20
to Android-x86
First of all, thank you to the contributors to the project, it really keeps my Atom Win10 tablet alive and usable. Since my Teclast X98 Plus is working at 90%, I wondering if Miracast is still on the development roadmap. I could try plugging in a very long mini HDMI cable and see if it works but ideally I can cast it to a TV instead. Then again the Realtek RTL8723BS isn't exactly a fast chip since it's a 802.11N device.

Chih-Wei Huang

May 23, 2020, 12:57:55 AM5/23/20
to Android-x86
BrokenE39 <dwt.c...@gmail.com> 於 2020年5月23日 週六 下午12:50寫道:

> First of all, thank you to the contributors to the project, it really keeps my Atom Win10 tablet alive and usable. Since my Teclast X98 Plus is working at 90%, I wondering if Miracast is still on the development roadmap. I could try plugging in a very long mini HDMI cable and see if it works but ideally I can cast it to a TV instead. Then again the Realtek RTL8723BS isn't exactly a fast chip since it's a 802.11N device.

It's on the roadmap.
But I think nobody is working on it right now.

You are welcome to contribute.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project