WIFI issues and fix? laptop freezes when WIFI gets turned ON (actually a few clicks after, but with WIFI OFF it works OK all the time)

Matevz Leskovsek

Sep 12, 2023, 6:02:56 AM9/12/23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I went through old posts in this group and some on XDA, but am not
sure i understand everything..

So, on this laptop: https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c06075526 I
tried these images: https://www.android-x86.org/releases.html

9 latest didnt install

8.1 latest works ok, but computer freezes when I turn WIFI on... I
went through old posts here, and i understand it's a kernel
incompatibility thing and some users didnt have that problem with
Android 6 version of your old builds

I guess all builds within the same version android version (oreo for
example) have the same kernel, so there is no use experimenting with
other builds inside 9 and 8.1 I assume? Is there maybe a patch that
can be applied or something that can be done in debug mode? Wifi
interface in this laptop is Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1)
Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo

Thanks all

İlhan Atahan

Sep 12, 2023, 5:40:36 PM9/12/23
to Android-x86
Pls try BlissOS builds, you are not only missing hardware compatibility fixes, but more.

Matevz Leskovsek

Sep 14, 2023, 4:33:40 AM9/14/23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes I tried bliss (14 i think), works awesome, but I just hate android
11 and higher versions because of limited file access, intents not
working, etc..

İlhan Atahan

Sep 20, 2023, 5:23:09 PM9/20/23
to Android-x86
Yea, you may consider moving files or folders to appropriate paths that are accessible by your apps that are suffers of scopped storage access.