How can I give System permissions to my own app with ANDROID-X86-4.4-RC1?

grâce Tchougbe

Mar 7, 2014, 3:43:45 AM3/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I have my android device running on AndroidX86 (ANDROID-X86-4.4-RC1). I want to install on it, my own app with permission to inject events. After many research, I follow this step :

  1. I add INJECT_EVENTS use-permission in my manifest. I also tried to use : android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system" but i get this error : Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]

  2. Signed my app with the platform signature like here (How to sign Android app with system signature?)

  3. Put my app into /system/priv-app using adb and superuser privileges. I also tried to put it in /system/app but it doesn't work anymore.

After this, I run my app and use adb shell ps to verify if my app is running as system ? And no, it doesn't and i still have permission denied when my app have to inject events. Is there any other way to get the permission?

Thanks!

Wyll Cavalcante

Mar 24, 2014, 3:12:40 PM3/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Im also trying to find out how to do it, i've already signed the apk with the platform.pk8 and .pem from the source code in git, but still cant get system permissions...

Anyone knows witch key is used to sign the android ISOs?

Thanks in advance.