V.Keyboard ISSUE's

Kevin Peterson

Mar 3, 2016, 2:25:50 PM3/3/16
to Android-x86
I want to make a new post to summarize every issue with the Keyboard to fix (shown in attached image too):

1.) Keyboard is not taking up the whole screen but only a portion (not fully scaled)
2.) Keyboard is off coordinate? Meaning, when I click on back space it clicks the P to the left.

Running as a VM on QEMU & VirtualBox on a laptop.

-KP :)
keyboard_issues.tiff

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 3, 2016, 8:51:34 PM3/3/16
to Android-x86
> I want to make a new post to summarize every issue with the Keyboard to fix
> (shown in attached image too):
>
> 1.) Keyboard is not taking up the whole screen but only a portion (not fully
> scaled)
> 2.) Keyboard is off coordinate? Meaning, when I click on back space it
> clicks the P to the left.

I guess the virtual keyboard doesn't support
your resolution 800x600.
How about change it?

> Running as a VM on QEMU & VirtualBox on a laptop.

Try vga=791

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Kevin Peterson

Mar 7, 2016, 4:58:39 PM3/7/16
to Android-x86
I looked into that thinking that was the cause but the only place I thought to change it in the source was under the INIT.SH file under /Device/generic/x86? Unless you can correct me in that I'm not changing the Resolution correctly? (Running on QEMU) cause unfortunately changing that didn't fix the Keyboard problem.

1.) Went to /androidx86sourcekitkat/device/generic/x86/init.sh
and changed to the following (changed to 600x400):

function set_drm_mode()
{
case "$PRODUCT" in
ET1602*)
drm_mode=600x400
;;
*)
;;
esac

[ -n "$drm_mode" ] && set_property debug.drm.mode.force $drm_mode
}

function init_uvesafb()
{
case "$PRODUCT" in
*Q550)
UVESA_MODE=${UVESA_MODE:-600x400}
;;
ET2002*)
UVESA_MODE=${UVESA_MODE:-600x400}
;;
T91*)
UVESA_MODE=${UVESA_MODE:-600x400}
;;
VirtualBox*|Bochs*)
UVESA_MODE=${UVESA_MODE:-600x400}
;;
*)
;;
esac

modprobe uvesafb mode_option=${UVESA_MODE:-600x400}-16 ${UVESA_OPTION:-mtrr=3 scroll=redraw}
}

2.) I also tried installing the Google Keyboard and a few others and they all share the similar issue of not taking up the whole space and when I tap on say "J" it clicks "H" (to the left of it as if it is off coordinate)
Message has been deleted

Kevin Peterson

Mar 10, 2016, 6:01:41 PM3/10/16
to Android-x86
Unfortunately I feel like I saturated all the material. Nothing seems to be on the forum and no matter what I try the keyboard won't work.

(Installing other keyboard and playing with resolution doesn't seem to fix it) :/ hmmmm any idea? (very interesting and peculiar problem)

Kevin Peterson

Mar 12, 2016, 4:34:04 PM3/12/16
to Android-x86
I'm assuming no one has ever faced this issue before? That the virtualkeyboard is not the full screen and offset when clicking the buttons?Please correct me if there is a solution or this is a known bug that no one has fixed.

Peace & Kindness
-KP

Mario Lee

Mar 13, 2016, 6:12:17 PM3/13/16
to Android-x86
So you said you tried changing resolution but not good outcome?
--> You sure you tried the resolution correctly? (where did you change it so I can confirm your doing it correctly and that is definitely not the solution to this glitch)

I've noticed this glitch too so I'll look into it.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Kevin Peterson

Mar 15, 2016, 9:02:20 PM3/15/16
to Android-x86
Yea i changed the resolutions (to roughly 720X1200 in the Init script but that didn't fix the keyboard problem :/

Was hoping someone might know the solution. I can't be the first person to see this problem since people use this on virtualBox and QEMU and VMware.

Vilmondes Eracton

Jun 9, 2016, 12:52:24 PM6/9/16
to Android-x86
Hello!

I'm experiencing the same problem. Please let me know if you found a solution!

Thanks!