Update a particular directory

Soham Sinha

Oct 24, 2019, 1:29:22 PM10/24/19
to Android-x86
How can I update a particular directory in the whole repository? I know I can use repo sync <project name/path>, but when I do that, it did not find the particular project. I tried updating packages/app/Settings by repo sync packages/app/Settings, it didn't work. Here is the git repo: https://git.osdn.net/view?p=android-x86/packages-apps-Settings.git;a=summary

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 24, 2019, 11:19:44 PM10/24/19
to Android-x86
Soham Sinha <soh...@bu.edu> 於 2019年10月25日 週五 上午1:29寫道:

> How can I update a particular directory in the whole repository? I know I can use repo sync <project name/path>, but when I do that, it did not find the particular project. I tried updating packages/app/Settings by repo sync packages/app/Settings, it didn't work. Here is the git repo: https://git.osdn.net/view?p=android-x86/packages-apps-Settings.git;a=summary

Did you have a typo? The correct command:

repo sync packages/apps/Settings

If not work, what error did you see?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

De. Mani

Oct 25, 2019, 2:06:47 AM10/25/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reply sir!

with your advice i updated packages/apps/Settings
but, that failed to build iso_img

I found out that android x86 is trying to build iso image with "-e" option in middle but "-e" option didn't present in genisoimage documentation

i hope this is a common problem and not quite difficult to solve

i am surfing the internet for a week for solution.

Hope reply soon

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 25, 2019, 3:59:52 AM10/25/19
to Android-x86
De. Mani <dered...@gmail.com> 於 2019年10月25日 週五 下午2:06寫道:

> Thanks for reply sir!
>
> with your advice i updated packages/apps/Settings
> but, that failed to build iso_img
>
> I found out that android x86 is trying to build iso image with "-e" option in middle but "-e" option didn't present in genisoimage documentation
>
> i hope this is a common problem and not quite difficult to solve

That's because your genisoimage is too old.
Update to 1.1.11 or later. Mine:

$ genisoimage -version
genisoimage 1.1.11 (Linux)

Or you should upgrade your Linux distribution.
(Ubuntu 16.04, Fedora 28 or later are fine)

De. Mani

Oct 25, 2019, 8:29:02 AM10/25/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Got it sir
I figured it out how to build iso image.

i installed the iso in virtual box, after installation i selected first option and a error caused

After the massage "detecting android x86 ............. at /dev/sda1"

It rebooted again to menu without any error massage

Can you help me with this sir?

Soham Sinha

Oct 25, 2019, 2:05:36 PM10/25/19
to Android-x86
Yeah it works when I updated the Settings repo separately by cloning the git elsewhere. Thanks.

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 28, 2019, 12:30:06 AM10/28/19
to Android-x86
De. Mani <dered...@gmail.com> 於 2019年10月25日 週五 下午8:28寫道:
> Got it sir
> I figured it out how to build iso image.
>
> i installed the iso in virtual box, after installation i selected first option and a error caused
>
> After the massage "detecting android x86 ............. at /dev/sda1"
>
> It rebooted again to menu without any error massage

Did you set RAM to 2GB+?

If yes but still not work, that's usually because
your CPU doesn't meet the Android ABI requirement.
Check the doc to see the required instructions of the CPU.

https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/abis#x86

You may also try 32-bit image which requires fewer instructions.

De. Mani

Oct 29, 2019, 3:49:01 AM10/29/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
That's helpful sir

Seems like you have difficulty to understand my problem so, i am trying to explain the problem more details

when i created the ISO image with this command:

"genisoimage -o android_x86_64.ISO boot ramdisk.img initrd.img install.img system.sfs kernel"

This creates a non bootable image, i copyed the boot image from original downloaded android x86 iso and pasted it in non boot-able ISO i build
I installed it in virtual box and it worked fine in live but when installed it when booting, error occurs "it can't detect dev/sda1"(image 1 in attachment )

But when i created ISO image with

"genisoimage -vJURT -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -input-charset utf-8 -V "Android-x86 LiveCD" -o android_x86_64.iso boot ramdisk.img initrd.img install.img system.sfs kernel"

this creates boot-able image and when i installed it in virtual box with this settings

(image 2 in attachment)

the result is in the video of attachment