USB Bluetooth in a QEMU virtual machine

comfylizard

Jul 1, 2020, 2:55:13 AM7/1/20
to Android-x86
I'm trying to get a USB bluetooth device (0a12:0001) to work, without success.

After boot, `hciconfig -a` shows hci0 as DOWN. I can manually `hciconfig hci0 up`. `hcitool scan` and `hcitool lescan` both show results if there are bluetooth devices in range.

However, I can't pair to them.

    hcitool cc 00:16:94:3D:7C:AE ; hcitool auth 00:16:94:3D:7C:AE

    `HCI authentication request failed: Connection timed out`

If I try to use bluetooth in the android GUI or in an app, it does not find any device.

I'm in a QEMU VM. I also tried bluetooth in a VirtualBox installation, which did not work either. I use Android 10 x86_64.

I'm not too experienced with Android. My goal is to run a specific app, Aerophone mini Plus. Can anyone help?
dmesg.txt
lsmod.txt
hcic.txt
logcat.txt