Booting on efi system using grub2

Sam Trueman

Aug 29, 2013, 2:04:07 PM8/29/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hey everyone,

I am currently trying to install android on my Asus Vivotab Smart. This system cannot boot from BIOS, only from EFI files. The other problem is that it is 32bit, so only ia32 efi's work. hence I cannot use the androidx64 efi.

I have installed rEFInd on the system and got it working, and have a grub2 efi booting from this.

Using grub 2 I have tried loading the kernel from the Android_x86 file, (and the initrd). it seems to load but when I try to boot the message "trying to terminate efi services" gets stuck on the screen.

I have also tried loading the kernel/initrd directly from the rEFInd.conf file, which starts to work but says the kernel is invalid. (might be something t do with efistub loader only working on Linux kernels greater than 3.3.)

Any help is appreciated,
Sam Trueman

Vlad Vovk

Feb 18, 2016, 4:16:37 AM2/18/16
to Android-x86
hi Sam. I Vlad from Ukraine. I have asus vivotab smart and try install android on this tablet, but can't do this. Say, you make it?