Drivers Chuwi Hi10 Plus

Chuwi Hi10 Plus

Aug 14, 2018, 10:18:47 AM8/14/18
to Android-x86
Hi everybody, i wanted to know if it would be possible to bring the drivers of a chuwi Hi10 Plus tablet to android-x86? I contacted the chuwi support via their forum but, they replied that he could, apparently, do nothing! Cordially

DDS Central

Aug 15, 2018, 11:50:01 AM8/15/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Android is not Windows, you cannot just install drivers like you would in Redmond's OS.
Android is a Linux system and uses Linux drivers in addition to some Android specific userspace stuff (like sensors).
Not everything works currently. Try out the available builds and see what works for you.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018, 17:18 Chuwi Hi10 Plus <soul.and...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everybody, i wanted to know if it would be possible to bring the drivers of a chuwi Hi10 Plus tablet to android-x86? I contacted the chuwi support via their forum but, they replied that he could, apparently, do nothing! Cordially

Chuwi Hi10 Plus

Aug 15, 2018, 4:08:44 PM8/15/18
to Android-x86
Hello, thank you for your answer. But in fact i spoke mostly of Android drivers, this tablet works in dual boot Windows+Android. Besides, i have already tried several Linux distributions and/or Android system, but nothing has worked so far. cordially

Luigi Capriotti

Aug 16, 2018, 2:50:20 AM8/16/18
to Android-x86
Hi everybody, i wanted to know if it would be possible to bring the drivers of a chuwi Hi10 Plus tablet to android-x86? I contacted the chuwi support via their forum but, they replied that he could, apparently, do nothing! Cordially
Some reported partial success, that could be a starting point.

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 16, 2018, 8:29:09 AM8/16/18
to Android-x86
> Hello, thank you for your answer. But in fact i spoke mostly of Android
> drivers, this tablet works in dual boot Windows+Android. Besides, i have
> already tried several Linux distributions and/or Android system, but nothing
> has worked so far. cordially

You can extract the kernel and drivers from the Android version,
then build an android-x86 image with the prebuilt kernel and drivers.
That should work.

Moreover, you can ask Chuwi to provide the kernel source
of its Android tablet. (they have to provide due to GPL)
Then build android-x86 image with it.

Chuwi Hi10 Plus

Aug 16, 2018, 12:34:42 PM8/16/18
to Android-x86
Thank you very much for your answer, that's exactly what i wanted to know. I just have to explore this trick. I hope you will agree to help me again afterwards. cordially

Chuwi Hi10 Plus

Aug 16, 2018, 12:39:13 PM8/16/18
to Android-x86
Oh and yes i already try BlissOS but don't work, not all. Thx anyway

youling 257

Aug 16, 2018, 1:13:05 PM8/16/18
to Android-x86
you won't get OOTB Linux distributions and Androidx86 full support with your z8300 tablet in the further a long time.

youling 257

Aug 16, 2018, 1:16:17 PM8/16/18
to Android-x86
I also will say i can,but do nothing,you only a user only request out of the box ISO,i will not provide .

在 2018年8月14日星期二 UTC+8下午10:18:47,Chuwi Hi10 Plus写道:

Chuwi Hi10 Plus

Aug 16, 2018, 3:39:51 PM8/16/18
to Android-x86
You are free of your choices i don't oblige you to help me! Those who want to help me will be welcome, others i would do without their comments or opinions!

Antony Stone

Aug 17, 2018, 7:16:19 AM8/17/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Do you have any way of getting files from the installed Android system off the
machine?

If you do, you might be able to use them with Android-x86, but then again,
what's the point? The manufacturer has already installed Android on the
machine for you, and it runs an Intel X5 Cherry Trail CPU, so although it
isn't "Android-x86", it is Android running on x86 hardware.

Antony.

--
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Antony Stone

Aug 17, 2018, 7:16:19 AM8/17/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 15 August 2018 at 22:08:44, Chuwi Hi10 Plus wrote:

> Hello, thank you for your answer. But in fact i spoke mostly of Android
> drivers, this tablet works in dual boot Windows+Android. Besides, i have
> already tried several Linux distributions and/or Android system, but
> nothing has worked so far. cordially

I still don't quite understand. What are you trying to achieve here? This
tablet is based on an x86 CPU and runs Android installed by the manufacturer,
so what does Android-x86 offer that you don't have already?

Antony.

> Le mercredi 15 août 2018 17:50:01 UTC+2, Povilas Staniulis a écrit :
> > Android is not Windows, you cannot just install drivers like you would in
> > Redmond's OS.
> > Android is a Linux system and uses Linux drivers in addition to some
> > Android specific userspace stuff (like sensors).
> > Not everything works currently. Try out the available builds and see what
> > works for you.
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 14, 2018, 17:18 Chuwi Hi10 Plus wrote:
> >> Hi everybody, i wanted to know if it would be possible to bring the
> >> drivers of a chuwi Hi10 Plus tablet to android-x86? I contacted the
> >> chuwi support via their forum but, they replied that he could,
> >> apparently, do nothing! Cordially

--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

- Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

Chuwi Hi10 Plus

Aug 17, 2018, 4:32:41 PM8/17/18
to Android-x86
Hello, it is true that i didn't have much detail. The problem is that the version of Android installed is obsolete (5.x.x), unfortunately no update is planned and may never be. Greetings