boot from exfat partition

RYABx86

Sep 25, 2018, 12:11:55 PM9/25/18
to Android-x86
Hi! I normally boot from ntfs partitions, how i get boot use exfat? initrd.img have support mount.ntfs-3g, but not support mount.exfat. Add files (bin/mount.exfat lib/libexfat.so lib/libfuse-lite) to initrd.img from system.img different builds did not do the result. Will there be boot from exfat future support?

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 28, 2018, 11:51:27 AM9/28/18
to Android-x86
RYABx86 <rewqfd...@yandex.ru> 於 2018年9月26日 週三 上午12:11寫道:

> Hi! I normally boot from ntfs partitions, how i get boot use exfat? initrd.img have support mount.ntfs-3g, but not support mount.exfat. Add files (bin/mount.exfat lib/libexfat.so lib/libfuse-lite) to initrd.img from system.img different builds did not do the result. Will there be boot from exfat future support?

So such a plan.

But adding mount.exfat should work, provided
you add all necessary libraries, including
libc and linker and put to the correct path
(/system/lib).
Alternatively, you can try to build a static
linked executable.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project