What is the difference between the "BOOT" in the "BOOT-NEW" of 4.4EFI image?

문찬영

Jan 7, 2015, 2:22:04 AM1/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
What is the difference between the "BOOT" in the "BOOT-NEW" of 4.4EFI image?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 7, 2015, 6:32:32 AM1/7/15
to Android-x86
> What is the difference between the "BOOT" in the "BOOT-NEW" of 4.4EFI image?

Oops! You found a bug in the image.

The boot-new dir contains newer grub2-efi binaries.
(from fedora rawhide)
But after some testes I saw some issues so
I gave it up.
It should be removed when I built the image.
But I forgot.

You can just ignore it, or
you can help to test it.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Fajar A. Nugraha

Jan 7, 2015, 6:38:40 AM1/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> wrote:
>> What is the difference between the "BOOT" in the "BOOT-NEW" of 4.4EFI image?
>
> Oops! You found a bug in the image.
>
> The boot-new dir contains newer grub2-efi binaries.
> (from fedora rawhide)
> But after some testes I saw some issues so
> I gave it up.
> It should be removed when I built the image.
> But I forgot.
>
> You can just ignore it, or
> you can help to test it.

What was the bug?

When creating my own 32bit grub efi image for T100, I find that there
are cases when grub seems to hang forever. Turns out it was due to
some filesystem module which got activated when you run anything that
requires reading the fs (e.g. filename tab completition, search label,
etc).

My workaround is to either:
- edit grub's fs.lst to only include common, known-to-work files (e.g.
ntfs, fat, ext2). Remove lines like "cpio" or "tar". OR
- install grub in way so that the EFI image include used modules
(including the known-to-work fs modules above), and remove grub's
module directory completely.

Just in case it was the same bug.

--
Fajar