Somebody compile for me.

Makochan143

Mar 24, 2018, 9:28:33 PM3/24/18
to Android-x86
My controller does not work because it needs the xpad module to be patched.
https://github.com/cgutman/xpad/tree/powera
All that needs replacing in the kernel is the xpad.c file.
I have pretty much wasted too much time trying to get android-x86 compiled without being attacked by ninjas.
Could somebody do it for me, I have tried asking other places like xda, other forums. However my post was burried by others.
If somebody could do this I would be grateful.

Fabrício Pereira

Mar 24, 2018, 10:07:00 PM3/24/18
to Android-x86
I'm not an expert, but i believe one could only compile that module, and you could use a boot script to insmod it. I think it could be easier than patch the kernel, but i can be wrong. Anyway, i would like to help, but don't have enough knowledge to that.

Makochan143

Mar 25, 2018, 6:52:56 AM3/25/18
to Android-x86
Naa, does not work. I tried doing that and have had no luck. Believe me, android x86 does not compile kernels on the fly like ubuntu or debian. The only solution would be to compile an iso image with the new xpad.c file. This is why I'd hope that somebody would compile for me.

dgdn

Mar 25, 2018, 4:27:45 PM3/25/18
to Android-x86
what actually needs to be patched ? The latest kernel in my android-x86-OREO has the latest xpad module in kernel/drivers/input...see attachments.
maybe you have other issues???
xbox-inputs
xbox-360

Makochan143

Mar 25, 2018, 9:23:38 PM3/25/18
to Android-x86

 Ah, its a third party controller thats why. It needs a patch found from here: https://github.com/cgutman/xpad/tree/powera
The latest release does not have support for my controller, thats why. Even if it has the latest version of the xpad module,
it does not include the changes that were made to make my controller work.

This is why i had asked for anybody who had a working build environment to replace the existing version of xpad.c with
the one from the github repository that I had included. I really want this to work, like real bad man. Ubuntu 16.0.4.4 LTS works
with my controller, with a patch a rapsberry pi would work with my controller, even windows xp works with my controller.

I just don't know why the heck it would not work with mine if what you said is true.

dgdn

Mar 25, 2018, 10:17:49 PM3/25/18
to Android-x86
that's not a patch, it's an outdated version of xpad software.....

latest version can be found here: https://github.com/paroj/xpad

locate the difference for your third party controller and create a patch is your best bet.....and/or up date your controller is a better solution...

good luck

dgdn

Mar 25, 2018, 11:45:55 PM3/25/18
to Android-x86
what exactly is your third party controller????????????

Makochan143

Mar 27, 2018, 2:29:09 PM3/27/18
to Android-x86
powera liquid metal xbone controller

dgdn

Mar 27, 2018, 5:36:32 PM3/27/18
to Android-x86
appears that controller is included.....

./joystick/xpad.c: { 0x24c6, 0x5300, "PowerA MINI PROEX Controller", 0, XTYPE_XBOX360 },
./joystick/xpad.c: { 0x24c6, 0x541a, "PowerA Xbox One Mini Wired Controller", 0, XTYPE_XBOXONE },
./joystick/xpad.c: { 0x24c6, 0x543a, "PowerA Xbox One wired controller", 0, XTYPE_XBOXONE },
./joystick/xpad.c: XPAD_XBOX360_VENDOR(0x24c6), /* PowerA Controllers */
./joystick/xpad.c: XPAD_XBOXONE_VENDOR(0x24c6), /* PowerA Controllers */

so maybe other issues???

good luck

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 2:29:09 PM UTC-4, Makochan143 wrote:
powera liquid metal xbone controller

Makochan143 .

Mar 28, 2018, 11:28:04 AM3/28/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, found out eventually. Somebody has already compiled an experimental build of oreo with the latest drivers and kernel 4.16. My controller is working now although I still don't know how stable this is at the moment.

Makochan143

Mar 28, 2018, 4:38:17 PM3/28/18
to Android-x86
Nope. Its only booting from a live, but when installed it don't do anything. Hangs on boot.
 Does anyone have access to a build with kernel 4.13 or later.