Porting Asus ZenUI to Androidx86

Martin

Jul 6, 2016, 1:57:41 PM7/6/16
to Android-x86
Hi!

I'm working on full ZenUI port, just for fun. All files are from Asus Zenfone 2 (6.0.1). It have x86 processor, so... Additional work is not required.

What's working:
  • - 95% Asus stock apps(5% - system services like bluetooth sharing, NFC, FM Radio etc.)
  • - ZenUI Launcher
  • - Themes, Theme manager
  • - Asus Keyboard with themes
  • - All widgets
  • - All stock features(Wifi etc.), but it depends on hardware, as always.
  • - Weather app with location support.

What's not working:
  • - Asus SystemUI - Idk why(no logs - just NULL), but not working at all. Probably it works only with AOSP, not CM
  • - Settings app - but I know what's problem. (after run - root not working, only with AOSP settings)
  • - MyASUS - Device is not supported(haha, after editing build.prop also not working, so... it's not necessary)
  • - Asus Updater - same as above.
  • - Calendar, working but it depends on hardware. On my tablet working well, but on PC working also, but few things are unavaiable.
  • - RIL/SMS - it depends on kernel and hardware - I have tablet with Sierra wireless LTE, so I can send SMS(in Windows) but the driver is not avaiable for linux(I'll try the 4.7 kernel). Apps are working well.

I really love AOSP style, but I must try something new.

Yeah, it's not custom rom. I've just put folders, files to Androidx86 and sometimes I had to change few lines in xml or other files, that's all. If everything will work well - I'll build final image.

Question #1:
To fix permission I use
"find ./ -type (d or f) -exec chmod (755 or 644) {} \;"
 but few folders, files require another permissions to work, but idk which - there's any tip for this?

Question #2:
Someone can help? :)

Thanks!

Midi Jari

Jul 6, 2016, 9:37:34 PM7/6/16
to Android-x86
Woah! That's gr8 dude! Hope you get supporters!

Sven Hartrumpf

Sep 6, 2017, 3:17:38 AM9/6/17
to Android-x86

Martin wrote:

I'm working on full ZenUI port, just for fun. All files are from Asus Zenfone 2 (6.0.1).

Very interesting!
Which version of android-x86 are you running now on your Zenfone 2? 7.1-rc1?
Are audio output, audio input and Wifi working on this hardware?

Greetings
Sven