Installing Android x86 without GRUB Loader (No more of GRUB Loader)

Muhammad Bahaa

Jan 23, 2019, 6:09:21 AM1/23/19
to Android-x86
(How can I install Android x86 without GRUB Loader? Because I hate GRUB Loader I want to add an entry to Windows Bootloader (Legacy Boot supported in my device and Secure Boot
off
?I tried to do that but failed anyone knows how can I do it

Antony Stone

Jan 23, 2019, 6:31:27 AM1/23/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 23 January 2019 at 12:09:21, Muhammad Bahaa wrote:

> (How can I install Android x86 without GRUB Loader? Because I hate GRUB
> Loader I want to add an entry to Windows Bootloader (Legacy Boot supported
> in my device and Secure Boot off ?

If you can find a recipe to boot a standard Linux distro (Ubuntu, Red Hat,
Gentoo, whatever) from Windows Bootloader, then the same instructions should
work for Android.

> I tried to do that but failed anyone knows how can I do it

You tell us what you tried and what failed; we might be able to suggest what
to change.

If you don't give us any detail, we can't give you any.

Antony.

--
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

- Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Muhammad Bahaa

Jan 23, 2019, 12:24:40 PM1/23/19
to Android-x86
I tried to install android using android x86 easy installer ,I deleted "Android" entry from boot menu using Easy BCD then I installed NeoGrub and I replaced this file "menu.lst" with I downloaded from the link in description (It was code to make dual boot between Android & Windows)
. Android has been added to the boot menu successfuly but did't work. it says : Android detected at... then nothing happens.

Antony Stone

Jan 23, 2019, 12:56:21 PM1/23/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 23 January 2019 at 18:24:40, Muhammad Bahaa wrote:

> I tried to install android using android x86 easy installer,

Did you check whether it worked before changing the boot system?

> I deleted "Android" entry from boot menu using Easy BCD then I installed
> NeoGrub

Why?

> and I replaced this file "menu.lst" with I downloaded from the link in
> description (It was code to make dual boot between Android & Windows)

GRUB can do that for you. Why not use it?

> Android has been added to the boot menu successfuly but did't work.
> it says : Android detected at... then nothing happens.

I recommend you start by making sure that Android can run on your machine when
booted in a standard way (eg: using GRUB), and only then start changing the
boot loader. Otherwise you donh't know whether the boot loader you have
installed is causing the problem, or whether Android has some other problem on
your particular hardware.

What is your objection to using GRUB on your computer?

What type of machine do you have - what CPU does it have, what GPU does it
have, and how much RAM does it have?

Antony.

--
A few words to be cautious of between American and English:
- momentarily

Muhammad Bahaa

Jan 23, 2019, 2:00:18 PM1/23/19
to Android-x86
I have Toshiba Satellite it has Intel Graphics HD 4000, Intel Core-i3 and has 4GB of RAM...Note : Why did I do that method? (Installing NeoGrub entry and replacing menu.lst) because I saw that on YT some body did that and worked with him
 I checked if it will work or not before changing boot system but did't work so I had to do that method and also it didn't work :(

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 23, 2019, 10:56:45 PM1/23/19
to Android-x86
Muhammad Bahaa <muhamma...@gmail.com> 於 2019年1月24日 週四 上午1:24寫道:

> I tried to install android using android x86 easy installer ,I deleted "Android" entry from boot menu using Easy BCD then I installed NeoGrub and I replaced this file "menu.lst" with I downloaded from the link in description (It was code to make dual boot between Android & Windows)
> . Android has been added to the boot menu successfuly but did't work. it says : Android detected at... then nothing happens.

What Android-x86 version did you use exactly?
Does it boot in live mode?

What's the content of menu.lst?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Muhammad Bahaa

Jan 24, 2019, 6:39:37 AM1/24/19
to Android-x86
It is a small file contians code to make dual boot between Windows & Android I used x64 -bit OS but worked finally with x86 OS