Building an Android Emulator to run on Windows with QEMU and Bliss OS

Guan Zhang

Dec 26, 2022, 7:39:12 PM12/26/22
to Android-x86
Dear Android-x86 community:

First happy holidays and wishing everybody a great 2023!

You may remember me as the guy who asked about Open Source Android Emulator a while back, guess what? I actually built one with QEMU and Bliss OS!

If you prefer watching a video demo with narration, it is available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/izDxYiugIxQ

I initially started with Android-x86 9.0r2 but eventually went with Bliss OS 15 for Android 12 support.

This was mostly done as a proof-of-concept and has not been optimized yet. However I am quite hopeful that the performance can be improved in the future. Currently QEMU has to be manually patched to add support for virglrenderer on Windows.

I look forward to feedbacks, suggestions and discussions from the community. I hope that this will eventually become a full-fledged Open Source Android Emulator project so if anybody is interested in working on this together, please get in touch.

Thank you very much for your attention!