Rasmus Hoffstedt

Nov 1, 2013, 5:28:13 PM11/1/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I've been loading Android x86 through a standard 2GB flash stick and it works fine mostly.
Except from the fact that every now and then (2-5 min intervals) the screen freezes for a second and goes black. Then the android loading screen shows up for 3 seconds.
The system then loads up regularly and most of my progresses are saved. Current downloads gets cancelled but can be resumed, and all my current apps have been closed.
Could this be related to the USB booting process, and that I should rather install Android to my HDD or run it via DVD?
Other note: Every time I restart my PC, android recognises it as a new device.
PC specifications:
HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Core i5 2.5GHz
Native OS: Win7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
4.7 Prestige classification
4GB RAM
Booting through SanDisk 2GB FlashDrive using unetbootin-windows-585
Thanks in advance for responce with suspicion of cause for this problem.
boot-200x300.png

Masaki Muranaka

Nov 2, 2013, 8:21:50 AM11/2/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rasmus,

Sometimes I also encounter same situation.
My machine is Atom D525 (GMA3150) based.
I guess your machine has i915 based graphics same as mine.

It seems there are some bugs in i915 driver.
(maybe they are driver specific. Because it is not reproduced on my
Radeon based board.)
I'm trying to inspect them but I've not done yet.

Thanks,

2013/11/2 Rasmus Hoffstedt <qrun...@gmail.com>:
> --

Masaki Muranaka