Linx 10 (first gen) no headphones sound (baytrail)

Supertiger

Apr 14, 2020, 4:13:49鈥疉M4/14/20
to Android-x86
Hey, so I decided to try out android 9.0 x86 on my windows tablet, it works well apart from the sound. The sound plays from the in built speakers but not from the headphones.

When I plug in my headphones, the sound on my tablet goes louder which seems like it's detecting it but not changing.

Any help? Thanks!

Daniel Cheung

Apr 14, 2020, 11:21:04鈥疉M4/14/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have to use Tasker (paid app) to disable the speakers and enable the headphones when I plug in the headphones.

Supertiger

Daniel Cheung

Apr 14, 2020, 12:17:22鈥疨M4/14/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Similar issue oh my Cherrytrail tablet. The speaker volume would go down a bit when I plug in the headphone and the headphone would have no volume or little volume. You can look inside init.sh and you will see a block of code regarding sound, you can play around with it, such as disabling speakers all together and enable headphones and the volume level. You don't need Tasker to change the settings, I only use it to automatically execute the commands when the headphone is plugged in.

Refer to my previous posts here:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-x86/84d1761b-f250-435a-b8f8-52dd78cb0b8e%40googlegroups.com.

Supertiger

Apr 14, 2020, 12:23:11鈥疨M4/14/20
to Android-x86
Thanks a lot, Ill see and report back, By the way, do I need to root modify init.sh? If so, how can I root?

Daniel Cheung

Apr 14, 2020, 12:27:46鈥疨M4/14/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about the confusion. You don't need to modify init.sh to test, you can just open up terminal and type in those commands in the screenshot in my other post. To make those changes permanent, you will need to edit init.sh. If you installed as with system write during the install process, it's rooted by default. Tasker is also optional if you want the ability to change the audio output and volume setting depending on the headphones being plugged in and unplugged.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-x86/797f0109-3c77-40b7-ad95-de8ab01984c5%40googlegroups.com.

Supertiger

Apr 14, 2020, 12:43:39鈥疨M4/14/20
to Android-x86
If the audio can just come out of the audio jack only, I'd still be happy as I never use the in built audio. I will try the commands after its done installing :)

Thanks

Supertiger

Apr 14, 2020, 1:34:20鈥疨M4/14/20
to Android-x86
That's odd. After the installation is done, my touch screen doesn't work at all. It worked in the live boot thing. Hmm.

Supertiger

Apr 14, 2020, 3:57:59鈥疨M4/14/20
to Android-x86
Alright so I fixed the touch screen problem

I tried your commands in tasker, they work perfectly but there's 1 small annoying problem.
There is a loud click in the headphones after there is inactivity of audio. It clicks again when there's sound playing. It's so loud it almost deafens me 馃槄 is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

Daniel Cheung

Apr 14, 2020, 4:29:14鈥疨M4/14/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I don't know how to fix that particular problem.

Supertiger

Oscar Bejarano

May 19, 2020, 11:51:52鈥疉M5/19/20
to Android-x86
Hello,

I have the same problem on my Gateway LT41P laptop, during live testing the touch screen works fine but after installing Android the touch screen stops working.

I recommend you if you find someone who can give us a guide to correct this flaw.

Thank you.

Supertiger

May 19, 2020, 1:26:25鈥疨M5/19/20
to Android-x86
Booting from the bios instead of windows boot manager fixes my touch screen

Oscar Bejarano

May 21, 2020, 12:23:31鈥疨M5/21/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I really appreciate your answer, however on my computer I am not using Windows boot manager. The BIOS is configured to start Android that is already installed on the hard drive as the only operating system.聽聽

Atentamente,
Por favor piense en el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este mensaje...
Este e-mail y cualquier archivo adjunto contienen informaci贸n privilegiada y confidencial prevista solamente para el usuario de 茅sta direcci贸n. Si usted no es un destinatario聽previsto de este e-mail, se le notifica por este medio que cualquier difusi贸n, copiado o uso de la informaci贸n dentro de 茅l est谩 terminantemente prohibida. Si usted recibi贸 este e-mail por error o sin autorizaci贸n, notif铆quenos por favor inmediatamente por el e-mail de la contestaci贸n y suprima el e-mail de su sistema. Si usted necesita cualquier ayuda, env铆e por favor un mensaje a聽sop...@cystcolombia.com.
This e-mail and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not an intended聽receiver聽of this email, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or use of information within it is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error or without authorization, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system. If you need any further assistance, please send a message to聽sop...@cystcolombia.com.

El mar., 19 may. 2020 a las 12:26, 'Supertiger' via Android-x86 (<andro...@googlegroups.com>) escribi贸:
Booting from the bios instead of windows boot manager fixes my touch screen