android 9: virtual keyboard is not usable

Sadhna Sharma

May 19, 2020, 11:12:27 AM5/19/20
to Android-x86
Hello All,

I am unable to use virtual keyboard in Android 9.
virtual keyboard icon in status bar overlaps home button icon.
Does anyone knows how to resolve it?
My guess, is it has to be done in SystemUI, But I am not sure.

If anyone has any idea, please help me on this.

Thanks,
Sadhna

Chih-Wei Huang

May 20, 2020, 1:16:39 AM5/20/20
to Android-x86
Sadhna Sharma <sadhnas...@gmail.com> 於 2020年5月19日 週二 下午11:12寫道:
It's a notorious bug of Android 9.
The keyboard icon is misplaced. Don't mislead by it.

Actually its place is the same as before.
Just press the right side of the status bar.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Sadhna Sharma

May 20, 2020, 11:11:47 AM5/20/20
to Android-x86
Thank you for the insight,
Just for the information, if it help others, i did found the exact commit which caused this issue.

 commit 30cb07a856af744e279d8b34c4118b28df63eeb6 in frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI is the culprit.

Thanks,
Sadhna

Chih-Wei Huang

May 20, 2020, 7:10:00 PM5/20/20
to Android-x86
Sadhna Sharma <sadhnas...@gmail.com> 於 2020年5月20日 週三 下午11:12寫道:

> Thank you for the insight,
> Just for the information, if it help others, i did found the exact commit which caused this issue.
>
> commit 30cb07a856af744e279d8b34c4118b28df63eeb6 in frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI is the culprit.

Ah! Good finding.

The issue doesn't appear in Android 10.
Do you know how it was fixed?

Chih-Wei Huang

May 20, 2020, 10:21:10 PM5/20/20
to Android-x86
Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> 於 2020年5月21日 週四 上午7:09寫道:
> Sadhna Sharma <sadhnas...@gmail.com> 於 2020年5月20日 週三 下午11:12寫道:
> >
> > Thank you for the insight,
> > Just for the information, if it help others, i did found the exact commit which caused this issue.
> >
> > commit 30cb07a856af744e279d8b34c4118b28df63eeb6 in frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI is the culprit.
>
> Ah! Good finding.
>
> The issue doesn't appear in Android 10.
> Do you know how it was fixed?

Not sure which commit fixed it.
I just copied some code from Android 10.
It seems OK:

https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/scm/git/frameworks-base/commits/237353427fc3c0e66a66500b6c9745e6a5f48084

Thank you for pointing out the culprit.