No Houdini on Android KK r5?

Mr. Bizantium

Oct 13, 2016, 8:30:44 PM10/13/16
to Android-x86
Dear CWH,

Why android KK r5 still not include the arm library Out of Box?, since i disassembly the system and i not found the houdini-related files, and the file weren't found anymore

DDS Central

Oct 13, 2016, 8:38:09 PM10/13/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Houdini isn't bundled with build images (it never was).
For KK, Houdini is automatically downloaded and installed when you get online.
For later versions, Houdini has to be enabled manually from settings.

On Oct 14, 2016 3:31 AM, "Mr. Bizantium" <bizan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear CWH,

Why android KK r5 still not include the arm library Out of Box?, since i disassembly the system and i not found the houdini-related files, and the file weren't found anymore

Mr. Bizantium .

Oct 15, 2016, 6:28:43 PM10/15/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I was download Houdini-related lib, now i wanna try to install Android x86 and that lib

Thanks

-Case Closed-

Mr. Bizantium

Maree

Oct 21, 2016, 5:01:14 PM10/21/16
to Android-x86
Houdini seems to have issues and not work with all apps on kitkat. I attached an IMAGE of the ERROR.

Does anyone know what might be the cause?

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 5:38:09 PM UTC-7, Povilas Staniulis wrote:

Houdini isn't bundled with build images (it never was).
For KK, Houdini is automatically downloaded and installed when you get online.
For later versions, Houdini has to be enabled manually from settings.

On Oct 14, 2016 3:31 AM, "Mr. Bizantium" <bizan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear CWH,

Why android KK r5 still not include the arm library Out of Box?, since i disassembly the system and i not found the houdini-related files, and the file weren't found anymore

houdini-error.png

Povilas Staniulis

Oct 21, 2016, 5:34:22 PM10/21/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you're trying to run the classic Angry Birds. I've checked
and Angry Birds does have x86 native binaries and does not use the
Houdini translator.
Your crash isn't related to Houdini translator.

On 2016.10.22 00:01, Maree wrote:
> Houdini seems to have issues and not work with all apps on kitkat. I
> attached an IMAGE of the ERROR.
>
> Does anyone know what might be the cause?
>
> On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 5:38:09 PM UTC-7, Povilas Staniulis
> wrote:
>
> Houdini isn't bundled with build images (it never was).
> For KK, Houdini is automatically downloaded and installed when you
> get online.
> For later versions, Houdini has to be enabled manually from settings.
>

> On Oct 14, 2016 3:31 AM, "Mr. Bizantium" <bizan...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> Dear CWH,
>
> Why android KK r5 still not include the arm library Out of
> Box?, since i disassembly the system and i not found the
> houdini-related files, and the file weren't found anymore
> --
> <javascript:>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/android-x86>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Mario Lee

Oct 21, 2016, 6:32:11 PM10/21/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hmm do you know what this error might be related too? I get this same error on many other apps that don't have x86 counter-part (checked)

Povilas Staniulis

Oct 21, 2016, 8:45:10 PM10/21/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You have a segfault (memory access violation) in native code. Segfault
is a very generic error any it's very hard to determine what causes it.
What kind of hardware do you use ? Does hardware acceleration work ?