How can i modify GRUB file? the location?

Hessam Mohammadi

Jul 11, 2020, 12:41:10 AM7/11/20
to Android-x86
hi,
(I saw another solution for my problem but didn't help me)
i need to edit grub file as:
Add the following line below GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX:-
- systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0
Run grub2-mkconfig

( I modified the kernel and enabled cgroup to install docker, somehow successful so far)

1- I couldn't fine Grub folder, grub file, nothing! where is the location exactly?

2- is that possible to modify the grub like above? because there is no systemd? Can i install systemd?

i highly appreciated if you can help me thanks

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 22, 2020, 10:23:23 AM7/22/20
to Android-x86
Hessam Mohammadi <hm...@njit.edu> 於 2020年7月11日 週六 下午12:41寫道:
> hi,
> (I saw another solution for my problem but didn't help me)
> i need to edit grub file as:
> - Add the following line below GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX:-
> - systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0
> - Run grub2-mkconfig
>
> ( I modified the kernel and enabled cgroup to install docker, somehow successful so far)
>
> 1- I couldn't fine Grub folder, grub file, nothing! where is the location exactly?

Depending on your device uses UEFI or legacy booting.
For legacy booting, the /grub folder is in the same partition of android-x86.
For UEFI booting, it's in the /EFI/Android or /EFI/BOOT folder of ESP.

> 2- is that possible to modify the grub like above? because there is no systemd? Can i install systemd?

No.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project