Android-x86 4.4-r1 - display rendered improperly/extremely slow

TheReduxPL

Aug 13, 2014, 3:56:46 AM8/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I'm trying out Android-x86 4.4-r1 on my PC. I have Ubuntu and Windows installed, now I installed Android-x86 on a separate partition and added it to Ubuntu's GRUB. It seems to start fine but I got a problem.
When I start Android with the "xforcevesa" parameter, everything on my screen is heavily distorted but mouse seems to be perfectly responsive. When I boot it without "xforcevesa", screen looks fine but everything is lagging - OS boots noticably longer and it takes 2 seconds for my mouse to move - basically unusable. Any ideas how to fix it?
Here's the photo of distortion (too big for an attachment): http://i.imgur.com/aFziAzg.jpg

Intel Core i5-3350P
Radeon HD7770
10GB RAM
1680x1050 screen

PS: Sorry if I accidentally published this post twice. I tried to do it once and it didn't appear in the thread list, not sure of this Google Groups thingy is moderated or not.

TheReduxPL

Aug 18, 2014, 5:18:30 AM8/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Any ideas? I really want to try it out :(

pstglia

Aug 18, 2014, 5:32:46 PM8/18/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, try to use your intel igp instead of Radeon 7770. This model is not yet suppoted
Message has been deleted

TheReduxPL

Aug 19, 2014, 9:12:45 AM8/19/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Aww, I don't have any IGP in my PC :( Some CPUs come without the integrated graphics, like mine.
Do you know when the support for that GPU will be added?

pstglia

Aug 19, 2014, 5:19:37 PM8/19/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Some guys are working it out (I also try to help).
I don't have a precise date. Can only answer "when is ready" so far :)

Ps: We have to enable llvm radeon specific functions and maybe upgrade Kernel to be able to make it work.