No images boot on a CherryTrail tablet.

Yixi Liang

Dec 21, 2015, 8:46:17 AM12/21/15
to Android-x86
I bought an ONDA v919 Air CH few weeks ago,It's a new tablet using Atom X5 Z8300(HD graphics Gen8)

When I use 5.1-RC1(x86 or x64),The device got a blackscreen after root:androidx86:

When I use the 6.0 or 4.4 r3,It even got a blackscreen after I choose the live boot in grub.......I can't get a dmesg or go to the debug mode

maybe it is a graphics problem

I search for cherry trail but there is nothing useful

But telcast x16 Pro have a perfect dual boot system(Win10 and android5.1)(also a tablet from China)

Oh,when the 5.1RC1 got a blackscreen,the reading LED on the USB stick just light and didn't flash

Povilas Staniulis

Dec 21, 2015, 2:02:57 PM12/21/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Current Android x86 kernel 4.0.8 has poor support for Cherry Trail Atom SoCs (even Bay Trail isn't fully supported yet).

I think those Chinese dual boot tablets run some form of Android-IA, which is Intel's own port of Android to x86.

Yixi Liang

Dec 21, 2015, 11:04:57 PM12/21/15
to Android-x86
I think so.

I download a firmware from the teclast x98 pro forum and it is similar to IA(have bootloader,recovery and need a special BIOS)

I'm in China so I can't upload such a big firmware package to Google....

My Asus M80TA(baytrail) was broken,I can't test on it

在 2015年12月22日星期二 UTC+8上午3:02:57,Povilas Staniulis写道:
1.JPG

Povilas Staniulis

Dec 22, 2015, 7:27:46 AM12/22/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Your special BIOS is IAFW.
Don't bother uploading the firmware, it wouldn't be useful anyway.

René Küsters

Jan 18, 2016, 2:28:55 AM1/18/16
to Android-x86
is there current any android build which works with Cherry Trail ??

Vedran Mušica

Feb 20, 2016, 4:06:56 AM2/20/16
to Android-x86

is there current any android build which works with Cherry Trail ??

So far, none. I've tried Android x86 (4.4, 5.1, 6.0 versions), Remix OS, Android IA 4.4 - no boot. And Android IA 5. isn't available as generic build, so everyone with Cherry Trail tablet (including me) is out of luck for now. No dual boot, just Win10.