Re: Insert Accelerometer into Android x86

Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 4, 2016, 3:10:18 AM1/4/16
to Android-x86
> Also to add on. I'm trying to debug the Google SDK Controller application
> that comes when you download the SDK. I found out how to "collect" the
> Accelerometer data from my phsyical device and do an ADB connection but now
> I can't figure out how to inject those values so the Android x86 feels like
> it has a physical Accelerometer of its own :)))

Search the forum.
Someone has posted a method long time ago.
(probably 2-3 years)

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 4, 2016, 9:00:38 PM1/4/16
to Android-x86
> Dear Mr. Chih-Wei Huang,
>
> I'm sorry I searched for hours (looking up 'accelerometer in Android x86' ,
> sensors and more) and I can't find any solution to how to input
> accelerometer from a handheld device into Android x86.
>
> Might you know what was the name of that post???? :) or just a quick pointer
> and I'll take it from there.

Search "sensor emulation".
Just checked. It's posted at about 2013/12.
Message has been deleted

Povilas Staniulis

Feb 1, 2016, 4:03:22 PM2/1/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Linux .so is like a Windows .dll. It needs to be loaded by a program to work.
It won't work by itself.

On 2016.02.01 22:30, Vela wrote:
Dear Mr. Chih-Wei Huang,

Did you ever look into this guys work? He says to simply input his "sensors_emu.c" into Source/Hardware/Libsensors and include in that "Android.mk" and the HAL Module will be createed in system/lib/hw (which it does) and that when an app your testing is requesting the Accelerometer value, the module will open a Server on the port 5000-5009 to accept the readings from a remote sensor and input those sensors into Android x86

But the server doesn't open? To get the HAL module to work doesn't something need to call it?

Just cause the (.so) appears in in lib/hw, doesn't mean it'll be called right? :/ this fella seems to be missing some stuff despite him saying everything is included in his guide :/

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 1, 2016, 10:18:29 PM2/1/16
to Android-x86
> Dear Mr. Chih-Wei Huang,
>
> Did you ever look into this guys work? He says to simply input his
> "sensors_emu.c" into Source/Hardware/Libsensors and include in that
> "Android.mk" and the HAL Module will be createed in system/lib/hw (which it
> does) and that when an app your testing is requesting the Accelerometer
> value, the module will open a Server on the port 5000-5009 to accept the
> readings from a remote sensor and input those sensors into Android x86
>
> But the server doesn't open? To get the HAL module to work doesn't something
> need to call it?
>
> Just cause the (.so) appears in in lib/hw, doesn't mean it'll be called
> right? :/ this fella seems to be missing some stuff despite him saying
> everything is included in his guide :/

What you have to do is to understand the basic
of Android HAL porting, including how to
load the specific module you want.

Indeed you have asked too many simple questions
that could be easily answered by googling.
You need to do some homework
if you do want to become a developer.
(I assume you do otherwise you don't need to do these)