Re: x86 and ARM apps from Google Store

Message has been deleted

Povilas Staniulis

Dec 11, 2015, 4:17:28 PM12/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 2015.12.11 23:09, Vel Asta wrote:
Hey folks how is that using Android x86 I'm able to download apps like Twitter, Snapchat from the Google Play Store but using the Google Emulator SDK (x86 Nexus 4,s,7 whatever) I can't even install those apps from the Google Play Store cause it says their incompatible. (thought the problem was that it's a x86 CPU Architecture but so is Android x86)

What is that Android x86 has in it that allows that?

Intel's ARM to x86 translator, aka Houdini.
Message has been deleted

Povilas Staniulis

Dec 11, 2015, 4:30:28 PM12/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It is possible. How to do it depends on Android version.

On 2015.12.11 23:19, Vel Asta wrote:
Dear Povilas is there anyway to add that to the SDK Emulator too? So I can use both these tools :) thank you so much for your reply.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Povilas Staniulis

Dec 11, 2015, 4:55:35 PM12/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
All houdini versions can be found on dl.android-x86.org.
There are 3 versions for Lollipop:

http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini.php?v=5_x
http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini.php?v=5_y
http://dl.android-x86.org/houdini.php?v=5_z

(Not sure which one would work with the emulator)

There was a post in the forum somewhere with a tutorial on how to manually install Houdini on Lollipop, but I can't find it right now.

On 2015.12.11 23:32, Vel Asta wrote:
Dear Povilas do you know where I could find that?  I'm trying to put it on a API 21 Google platform 5.0.1 Emulator  (I could always do it for another one I'm super flexible).
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Povilas Staniulis

Dec 11, 2015, 6:22:53 PM12/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Found it.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/7O2qLZjzGbk

See posts by Edgardo Gho.
It's not easy though.

On 2015.12.12 00:20, Vel Asta wrote:
(image attached)
Dear Povilas, I was wondering maybe I have to move the downloaded Houdini to the lib. folder in the SDK where the Emulator is... but seems like not enough to install it. Seems like I have to do something else for the Emulator to process it.
Also I guess we install it for each AVD (android virtual device) or somehow into the actual "Emulator" application :/
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted