Re: compile image WITHOUT BORDERS/HOME BUTTON

Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 14, 2016, 2:29:40 AM1/14/16
to Android-x86
> I know this is super random and it's a long story why I need it like this
> but is it possible to remove the borders? (image attached that shows in red
> what I want to be removed).
>
> When I run it in Virtualbox I just need to see the screen and no
> notification tab above and no home button tab below.
>
> Where in the source code (if even possible) do I have to change and
> re-compile the image to have that :) THANK YOU

The above area is called status bar or system ui
while the bottom area is called the navigation bar.

Both could be set invisible in an app.
This is called the immersive mode.
Read this for more info:
http://developer.android.com/intl/zh-tw/training/system-ui/immersive.html

If you want to disable them permanently,
the navigation bar could be disabled via setting
config_showNavigationBar = false
in framework config.xml overlay
(yes, you need to rebuild the image for it).
But I don't know a way to disable system ui
permanently.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Ralf ranfyy

Jan 14, 2016, 3:33:44 AM1/14/16
to Android-x86
Am Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2016 08:29:40 UTC+1 schrieb Chih-Wei Huang:
The above area is called status bar or system ui
while the bottom area is called the navigation bar.

Both could be set invisible in an app.
This is called the immersive mode.
Read this for more info:
http://developer.android.com/intl/zh-tw/training/system-ui/immersive.html

If you want to disable them permanently,
the navigation bar could be disabled via setting
config_showNavigationBar = false
in framework config.xml overlay
(yes, you need to rebuild the image for it).
But I don't know a way to disable system ui
permanently.

Marshmallow + Now on Tap do this:

Message has been deleted