Run TikTok on android x86 - it's generally possible?

ITic Digger

Jan 26, 2020, 2:22:00 PM1/26/20
to Android-x86
I tried different random versions of TikTok from the oldest to the newest, I ran them on different x86 androids from 4.4 to 9, on VirtualBox and on real hardware, but it DOES NOT WORK. Either it just immediately closes with the message "an error occurred in the TokTok application" or freezes for 5-15 seconds with a message about network problems (although there are none) and then closes. What can be done? I really need TikTok on the desktop. Not a word about this on the Internet. Is there at least one of the living people in this world who has seen TikTok launch successfully on Android x86 or should I stop my endless searches for the right version of the ticktok and the right version of the OS?

Marc Barrett

Jan 26, 2020, 6:49:37 PM1/26/20
to Android-x86
If you are really desperate for TikTok on a desktop, it is available for Windows.

ITic Digger

Jan 27, 2020, 12:54:10 AM1/27/20
to Android-x86
Not very good news, because i use Xubuntu :(

Marc Barrett

Jan 27, 2020, 1:13:44 AM1/27/20
to Android-x86
You evidently are pretty familiar with VirtualBox. Windows runs on VirtualBox.

ITic Digger

Jan 27, 2020, 6:27:11 AM1/27/20
to Android-x86
Windows is too expensive and wants to know too much about its users.

Michael Goffioul

Jan 27, 2020, 7:46:09 AM1/27/20
to Android-x86
I suggest you look into the logs for any error, or provide them to this list.

ITic Digger

Michael Goffioul

Jan 28, 2020, 7:48:26 AM1/28/20
to Android-x86
Logs are obtained from `adb logcat`. If you're not familiar with android logs, you can find some information gere: https://www.android-x86.org/documentation/debug.html
If an application crashes, there is usually a backtrace in the logcat output.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-x86/d7a692f8-1eee-4fd9-a5bd-2d72b9b30020%40googlegroups.com.

Mauro Rossi

Jan 28, 2020, 1:10:07 PM1/28/20
to Android-x86
Hello,

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 6:32:38 AM UTC+1, ITic Digger wrote:
Yes, I immediately tried to find at least some logs by searching the lines "* tiktok * log" "* musically * log", just "tiktok *" or "* musically" but I didn’t find anything like a log...

When android-x86 is booted in Debug mode the logcat output is printed to /data/log.txt

Segmentation Faults do produce a tombstone file with crash backtrace in /data/tombstones

Here are the instructions to collect those files using Terminal+ app:

Mauro

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 30, 2020, 12:07:31 AM1/30/20
to Android-x86
Works fine for me. Tested OK on 8.1-r3 and 9.0-rc2.

Have you enabled native bridge from the Settings?

Zed Wastefield <Waste...@disroot.org> 於 2020年1月26日 週日 下午5:32寫道:

ITic Digger

Jan 31, 2020, 12:16:11 AM1/31/20
to Android-x86
Wow! Finally, I found out that at least someone works well!) I tried the 8.1-r3 and 9.0-rc2 version from Google Play, turned on the native bridge and TikTok really worked! Both on VirtualBox and on real hardware (but on Virtual Box it slows down a lot, you can’t watch the video).
However, not everything is clear, there is one problem - when authorizing with mail and password, it requires captha where you need to move the slider with a puzzle. It cannot be done in any way, no matter what I do, no matter how I drag the mouse on the slider, it does not move (

ITic Digger

Jan 31, 2020, 12:46:15 AM1/31/20
to Android-x86
to be precise, everything worked well not on 8.1 r3 but on 8.1 r3 k49