Samsung NC110-HZ1 KitKat-x86 getting internal 3G to work

Kamil Kasperski

Aug 29, 2014, 2:04:37 PM8/29/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I've just installed kitkat-x86 r1 on my netbook and I've fell in love with it. But I was just wondering if there is a chance to get fully working internal 3G modem.
So I've started small research.

On Linux this modem works OOB without any complications. So I thought that it might work on android since android is Linux-based system.
I've started digging deeper.
After lsusb command I saw that my 3G modem is detected and it's working. it's:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04e8:6872

So I after that I had to find out which tty is my modem. I found that /dev/ttyACM1 is my modem.
So I used command setprop rild.libargs "-d /dev/ttyACM1" And I got radio working.
However I can only send SMS Messages. No calling, No SMS recieve and also no Internet.

Is there any chance that it will fully work with android? I mean that calling and messages will also work?
How can I achieve that? Do I need to make my personal Vendor RIL library?

Regards

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 31, 2014, 10:40:24 PM8/31/14
to Android-x86
Probably.
At least you may need to modify the ril to work with your modem.
Try to get log by logcat -b radio -v threadtime
and read the code in hardware/ril/reference-ril/.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

CJLiqueira Belém - Pará - Brazil

Sep 3, 2014, 12:45:30 PM9/3/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kamil! I was using the installation of Android 4.4 RC2. But given "BUG". He enters but can not login in the presentation that is now presented with a "DIALER" screen, even after I removed the simcard modem. All this happened after I turned on my notebook this modem. And aclopado my "active" SimCard card from a carrier.
I thought!
If I binding the installation with my Google account, through recognized my phone number that is on SamrtPhone. Would you have the Google service that stopped play! And sugiu the problem in this version that was displayed and then direct the messages: "Google Play Services stopped." And "The com.google.process.gapps process stopped." In small and accumulative windows. So I'm going today to the project Tieto-Multiwindow Android, the members here of the "Google Group" are sending direct beginning of this week.