Brightness issue - screen goes to low brightness and stays there

Alan Rothenbush

Aug 4, 2021, 11:56:10 AM8/4/21
to Digest recipients
I'm running 7.1 (the newest version that I could get running) on a Panasonic Fz-g1. I also dual-boot Windows 10, using GRUB from the Android install.

Windows 10 runs perfectly. Android runs fine AFTER I boot Windows (most of the timel.

However, if I shut down Android (i.e., power off) and restart Android, the screen is VERY dim. It's not off, it's just minimal brightness. And the brightness slider does nothing. So I shut Android down, start Windows, shut Windows down, restart Android, and all is (usually) well.

Windows is always fine.

There's one other curiosity. After shutting down and restarting, the Panasonic "splash" screen and the BIOS setup screen is also very dim.

It's as if Android writes something to the video chip config at shutdown ...

I'm frankly at a loss as to how to fix this. And I REALLY want to, as Android-X86 works _great_ otherwise.

Thanks for any thoughts.
--
The Spartans do not ask the number of the enemy, only where they are.

Agix of Sparta

alan.ro...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2021, 12:07:23 PM8/4/21
to Android-x86
A bit more info.  To "fix" the brightness issue, I have to boot Windows and then shut Windows down .. power off.  If I do, Android comes back perfectly every time.

But if I simply restart Windows, Android is dim, every time.

So, there is only one sequence of events to give me working Android.

Start Windows
Power off Windows
Start Android

Very weird, and completely repeatable (now that I've figured out the logic).   And very annoying ...