Android 7.1 x64 Doesn't Load GUI - Sticks on screen after detecting Android and loading a command line.

Andrew Warren

Jan 9, 2018, 3:07:51 PM1/9/18
to Android-x86
I am having an issue getting the GUI to load. I tried changing the androidboot.selinux=permissive loads of different ways, but still nothing will bring up the GUI or the boot animation. My system is an eMachines EL-1360G with a AMD generic quad-core processor, 4GB RAM, and a 500GB HDD. The live boot option also gets stuck at the same spot. Is it hardware? Should I use x86 only?

Antony Stone

Jan 9, 2018, 3:13:42 PM1/9/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 09 January 2018 at 21:07:51, Andrew Warren wrote:

> I am having an issue getting the GUI to load. I tried changing the
> androidboot.selinux=permissive loads of different ways, but still nothing
> will bring up the GUI or the boot animation. My system is an eMachines
> EL-1360G with a AMD generic quad-core processor,

What is a generic processor?

Please tell us the model number of the chip.

> 4GB RAM, and a 500GB HDD.
> The live boot option also gets stuck at the same spot. Is it hardware?

What GPU does this machine have?

> Should I use x86 only?

We don't know until you tell us what CPU you're using (although quad-core
would be rather unlikely to be 32 bit, however since it's AMD it may be
missing some instruction extensions).

If you have any way to boot this machine with a Linux live distro and can show
us the output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo" as well as "lspci" that would help a lot.

Antony.

--
Bill Gates has personally assured the Spanish Academy that he will never allow
the upside-down question mark to disappear from Microsoft word-processing

- Lynne Truss, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Andrew Warren

Jan 9, 2018, 8:50:47 PM1/9/18
to Android-x86
AMD E-300 Dual Core Processor with AMD Radeon HD 6310

Mauro Rossi

Jan 10, 2018, 2:05:10 PM1/10/18
to Android-x86
Please try x86 32bit version.