Trouble finding .c drivers using root browser from Play Store

Jordan Anderson

Feb 22, 2018, 2:25:22 PM2/22/18
to Android-x86
I've had luck obtaining the drivers that I need for 7.1-rc2 on my RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 to work.
The Intel SST Audio device:

And the Goodix touchscreen. I found this version to have GDIX1002 already in it:

However when looking through the same directory in the root browser I got from Play Store, all I see are .ko files and not a single .c file anywhere else.
This is my only experience in kernel modification from inside the Android OS.

To compile the kernel using the drivers I downloaded would require 8GB RAM and a Ubuntu distro, as I read somewhere within this Google group. My tablet only has 2GB and my desktop workstation only has 4GB, but I'm not giving up.

Antony Stone

Feb 22, 2018, 2:36:56 PM2/22/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday 22 February 2018 at 20:25:22, Jordan Anderson wrote:

> I've had luck obtaining the drivers that I need for 7.1-rc2 on my RCA
> Cambio W101SA23T1 to work.

> To compile the kernel using the drivers I downloaded would require 8GB RAM
> and a Ubuntu distro, as I read somewhere within this Google group. My
> tablet only has 2GB and my desktop workstation only has 4GB, but I'm not
> giving up.

You *can* do it with less (sufficient swap will be needed) - it'll just take a
while longer...

Antony.

--
"Life is just a lot better if you feel you're having 10 [small] wins a day
rather than a [big] win every 10 years or so."

- Chris Hadfield, former skiing (and ski racing) instructor

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Jordan Anderson

Feb 22, 2018, 8:41:29 PM2/22/18
to Android-x86
But Antony, I needed to replace the existing goodix.c with the one I downloaded.