WPA Supplicant in VMware Workstation\Player

John Hubler

Jan 4, 2018, 7:06:34 PM1/4/18
to Android-x86
Hi

Happy New Year! I have Android 6.0 r3 installed on VMware Workstation. Some apps require WIFI connection to work properly. To work around this, I editted wpa_supplicant.conf under /etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf. I put this in:

ctrl_interface=/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
update_config=1

network={
    ssid="Wired"
    key_mgmt=NONE
}

I did not rename the file. Then in the build.prop, I added:

ro.wifi.channels=eth0

wifi.interface=eth0

Then in the terminal,  I ran:

wpa_supplicant -B -i eth0 -c /etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

In the Settings,  however, it will not turn on wifi. Also,  I tried restarting the VM. How can I fix this,  so the wifi will turn on?

Thank you
John

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 5, 2018, 2:23:56 AM1/5/18
to Android-x86

John Hubler

Jan 5, 2018, 2:23:52 PM1/5/18
to Android-x86
Hi

Thank you for the link! I will check it out.

John

John Hubler

Jan 5, 2018, 8:41:58 PM1/5/18
to Android-x86
Hi

I do not see BoardConfig.mk file. I am using the default file explorer.

Sorry, I feel this is a stupid question.

John

John Hubler

Jan 6, 2018, 12:35:55 PM1/6/18
to Android-x86
Should the BoardConfig.mk be there,  since developers\administrators created Android-x86?

Thank you
John

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 7, 2018, 10:27:18 AM1/7/18
to Android-x86

> I do not see BoardConfig.mk file. I am using the default file explorer.
> Sorry, I feel this is a stupid question.

In our codebase
device/generic/common/BoardConfig.mk
You need to rebuild the image from source.
Read this if you don't understand what it is:

http://www.android-x86.org/getsourcecode

John Hubler

Jan 7, 2018, 1:35:48 PM1/7/18
to Android-x86
Hi

Thank you for the information. I will rebuild it. By the way, is this project open source? I know AOSP is open source.

Thank you
John

Antony Stone

Jan 7, 2018, 1:50:00 PM1/7/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday 07 January 2018 at 19:35:48, John Hubler wrote:

> Thank you for the information. I will rebuild it. By the way, is this
> project open source? I know AOSP is open source.

From http://www.android-x86.org/

"This is an open source project licensed under Apache Public License 2.0. Some
components are licensed under GNU General Public License (GPL) 2.0 or later."

Antony.

--
I have an excellent memory.
I can't think of a single thing I've forgotten.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

John Hubler

Jan 7, 2018, 2:11:06 PM1/7/18