Is there a limit of only one external USB drive on android-x86 ?

Matevz Leskovsek

Aug 15, 2023, 1:22:34 PM8/15/23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, is it possible to have 2 external USB drives on a laptop
running a--86? If not any workarounds? A different files app? Thanks

Matevz Leskovsek

Aug 16, 2023, 4:56:18 PM8/16/23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
SOLVED: usb was apparently formated inappropriately. Both disks are mounted nicely now
20230816_225446.jpg

john s wolter

Aug 19, 2023, 11:54:05 PM8/19/23
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You may be asking if Android x86 includes support for multiple USB ports and then also the list of current USB standards.  Likely it does support the first types.   I have run A--x86 in Virtualbox.org on my Windows 8.1 without a problem.  It was an HP 15 035-dx with 8 GB.  It has two USB version 2.0 on the right side and one version 3.0 on the left side.  I was able to connect with both of those.

I'll speculate that you might test using a USB Hub.  It should be at least a version 2.0 standard.  I'm just about to purchase a multi-port hub with both a version 3.1 and Type-C.  The host interface would be the usual Type-A plug.

Cheers, John S Wolter, Johnny 4-Shots, Johnny One Eye, Staying Safe, Hands Washed,
Immune Challenged, Masked, 2-meters, Remote & Hybrid Team meetings.
LinkedIn: John S Wolter, johnswolter

image.png