got internet in the device , can use the browser to visit whatever site i want , but wifi gui doesn't recognize the connection , and can't enable wifi

Mohamed Shawky

Nov 19, 2013, 1:41:33 PM11/19/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Well , i installed Android X86 on a virtual machine using vmware wirkstation 10 , i followed a lot of instructions and tutorials online till i was able to finally get the device to assign an ip address for eth1 and set the dhcp and dns ,now i can use the embedded browser (facebook recognizes as safari for android) to visit whatever site i want and this should make it work BUT i can't setup a google account can't use the app store or any application requiring internet because the wifi gui recognizes no internet connection and even when i try to enable it , it wont , always stays disabled , so now i cant use the device or internet through the device even though i got it working :S and this is so frustrating , anybody faced a similar problem , if it will make any difference the host machine is a lenovo z570 running a Kali linux OS (based on debian wheezy) , thanx

Plamen Dimitrov

Aug 2, 2016, 9:04:44 AM8/2/16
to Android-x86
I have got similar problem. I am able to browser-access any website but the GUI shows "IP: unknown" in settings, Google Play requires me to turn on WiFi which cannot be turned on, and similar problems appear with other apps (VPN connection, Exchange email account setup). If I use only one network adapter, namely eth0 (the default), everything works fine even though the WiFi adapter is still not turned on. I guess there is a way to notify the Android Framework that there are new connections available? At least this seems to have been done for eth0 before if it works well with the GUI. Any help is greatly appreciated.